Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The amazing 4th edition of GoodReader® app is a universal app for all your iOS devices.
This version is a further step in development of our original groundbreaking, best-in-class GoodReader app. If you're a user of the old GoodReader app, we welcome you to upgrade to this 4th edition of GoodReader. If you're a new customer, we invite you to join the world of convenience and professionalism, already enjoyed by millions.
GoodReader is the super-robust PDF reader app that Mashable describes as “a Swiss Army knife of awesome!” Millions of users and reviews worldwide hail it as “essential,” “the best,” “magnificent” and “the killer app”. With GoodReader on your iPad or iPhone, you can read virtually anything, anywhere: documents, books, movies, maps, pictures. Use it once and you’ll be hooked. Soon you'll be wondering how you ever managed to go mobile without GoodReader.
Some GoodReader features, like signing PDF documents with just three taps, are so convenient that people use them even when their laptop or desktop computer is around.
GoodReader earned its accolades by the way it handles huge PDF and TXT files, manuals, large books, magazines, and renderings of 100 mb and more with great speed. Its refined file manager lets you manage local files and email attachments on your iPhone/iPad allowing you to work from anywhere.
The ability to mark-up PDFs opens up new doors to GoodReader users who can now use typewriter text boxes, sticky notes, lines, arrows, and freehand drawings on top of a PDF file. You can also easily sign any PDF document with our app.
All the excellent features of the original GoodReader app are here:
+ the best PDF reading engine!
+ read, edit, and sign PDF documents
+ PDF annotations simply done - highlight & markup text text boxes, callout comments ("sticky notes"), freehand drawings, lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, etc.
+ view MS Office, TXT, HTML
+ access servers & easily transfer files - access to a wide range of servers to easily store your data: Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, box.com, WebDAV, SMB, AFP, FTP, SFTP
+ Auto Sync with remote servers
+ easily maintain huge collections of files
+ copy, move, rename, zip, unzip and unRAR files and folders
+ users of the old GoodReader app will appreciate our well-crafted Migration Assistant which makes the transition to this new app a breeze. All your files and setting from the old app will be transferred with a click of a button
+ new users will appreciate the ease of use and tremendous file-handling capabilities
Newest features added:
+ securely sign PDF documents with just three taps
+ PDF Page Management - add, rearrange, delete, rotate, extract and email individual pages, split and merge files
+ True Auto Sync - background and scheduled execution
+ opening files from iCloud containers of other apps
+ Touch ID support
+ Text-to-speech feature will read PDF and TXT files for you, player-like audio controls and an impressive choice of languages
+ Bluetooth foot pedals support for turning PDF pages - a dream feature for live-performing musicians
... plus much more to come in the future to meet your ever-changing needs!
What's New in Version 4.11.0
- turn PDF pages with a remote page turning device, such as AirTurn Bluetooth Page Turner, or any other compatible foot pedal, or even a standard Bluetooth keyboard. If you're a musician performing live with tons of sheet music PDFs on your iPad, this feature will be your perfect companion. To use it, open a PDF file and press the Lock Page button, then use foot pedals or arrow keys to turn pages (iPad only).
- iPad's Back to Reading button is now on the iPhone as well. Use this button to instantly go back to the most recent file you've been reading.
- fixed an issue with precomposed signatures appearing rotated on some files
- fixed an issue with slow downloading speed from SFTP servers
- fixed an issue with accessing distributed shares on certain SMB servers
- fixed a compatibility issue with certain Linux-based WebDAV clients
- securely sign PDF documents with precomposed signatures
- support for RAR 5 archives
- new file tab operations: duplicate tab, delete file, rename file
- Text-to-speech for PDF and TXT files
Don't forget to update your copy of GoodReaderUSB - our super-convenient USB file transfer utility. The latest version that supports the new GoodReader 4 app can be found here:
Perfect reader&decent file manager
The pdf engine is faster more stable, and makes your PDFs (esp those with images) look better on retina than any other app on the store. (My job revolves around PDFs so I purchased almost all the most praised ones, paying ~10$ for some. And they're really good, just not quite a match for Goodreader). If you want an excellent pdf reader, look no further. The file manager is quite stable too, and folder-syncing function is perfect for keeping an up-to-date copy of your cloud-based pdf collection on your device, with all your notations etc. synced. Working in large PDFs, or even jumping to random pages in them is ridiculously faster than alternatives I tried, even on old devices (can't praise this enough) Pdf annotations can be flattened for max. Compatibility. word wrapping works perfectly. Very customizable. Every step of every workflow optimized to get things done with minimum tabs (Annotations, transfers, reading, whatever it is). I'd gladly pay several times the price all over again, one of the most unique and functional apps in the store. I can't believe some people are badmouthing this gem just because the dev occasionally puts it on sale. I paid the full price and I think it was still a steal for all that you're getting.
Great, natural opportunities for improvement
For the price, GoodReader is as good as it gets for PDF reading, marking up, and organizing. It has a small learning curve, and functions in smart ways, and handles large PDF files rather well. I am writing a dissertation, and I use it largely as a way to keep annotations of articles and books in a single place. Two suggestions that would improve the app are as follows:
1. It would be nice to have an option to have the summary of annotations open as a different file with the app instead of becoming the body of an email. But having to copy-paste isn't the end of the world. Also, having more control over what meta-data shows up in the summary would be more aesthetically pleasing. Some information such as "Highlight (yellow):" shows up in a summary and looks cluttered for my taste.
2. The highlights of text appear in the summary in the order they were made on the PDF rather than where the text is actually located in the PDF. So, if I highlight some particular sentence in a paragraph and then highlight the one before it, they will be reversed in the summary. This becomes problematic when I'm evaluating an argument.
Still, it's a great app and worth every penny!
Unbeatable File Management for iOS
GoodReader is undoubtedly the most powerful, versatile, and useful file management / general productivity app for iOS. Between being able to connect to my iPad and / or iPhone via FTP or web interface to upload and download files to or from my device and being able to truly manage and organize my files in a way that any Mac or Windows user can understand this app quickly became an absolute necessity for me. GoodReader has so many features and so many uses that it's virtually impossible to write a review that encompasses the app's usefulness without writing a mini-thesis. Let me just say this, if you're in the market for an app that makes finding, editing, sharing, managing, and / or protecting your documents and files without the need for 20 other apps that will eventually accomplish the same goal then GoodReader is the last app you need bother with. GoodReader genuinely supports productivity and makes your already powerful iOS device into something remarkably useful for whatever it is you do!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 31, 2015
- Version: 4.11.0
- Size: 39.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Good.iWare, Inc.
- © Good.iWare, Inc., 2009-2015. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.