Goodreads – Book Recommendations and Reviews
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover and share books you love on Goodreads, the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations!
Find new and interesting books by browsing personalized recommendations based on books you've read and your favorite genres. See what your friends are reading, write book reviews, and keep track of what you want to read.
Use our barcode scanner the next time you are in a bookstore. Add the book in your hands to your "to-read" shelf and browse reviews before buying.
More than 35 million members have added more than 1 billion books to their shelves. No other app combines the power and depth of the Goodreads community with an enormous catalog of books and reviews.
• Get personalized recommendations and discover new books based on your tastes.
• Goodreads Choice Awards: vote for your favorite books of the year and see the winners!
• Participate in the Reading Challenge!
• Barcode scanner!
• Keep a want-to-read list.
• See book reviews and updates from your friends.
• Discover new books and explore popular book lists.
• Rate and review any book in our catalog of more than 12 million books.
• Share notes and progress updates as you read.
• Recommend books to friends.
• Join online book clubs and connect with other readers.
• View literary events near you.
What's New in Version 3.6.1
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
Fun! Incentive to read MORE!
I like tracking the books I've read. I also like being able to see other books by the author I've just discovered, seeing a synopsis of the book and other people's opinions of the books. The challenge is a good incentive, and the progress reporting is fun too. Is there a way to comment on the book as I'm still reading it? I can only see the option after I've read it. If adding that option mucks up the ease of using this app, then don't change a thing!!! I love it NOW.
When it works
When GR works, it is a readers' dream come true. Outstanding reviews available on the broadest possible range of books, being able to establish a meaningful community of like minded readers to interact with - readers from all around the world, and a handy place to keep track of ones own reading.
When GR fails though, it truly fails!!!! For the last two days I have had GR freeze immediately each time I opened it. I was unable to update my own reading or communicate w any other readers. Disappointed about this infuriating mess!!
Does as it says
This app is THE BEST for keeping track of your books. You can set reading challenges, add friends, join groups, and track your progress. It has no competition.