Goodzer: Local Shopping
By Goodzer Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Goodzer's free app is a personal shopping assistant. Whatever product you're looking to buy, Goodzer shows you all the nearby stores - big and small - that carry the item. It displays the price, availability, directions to the store and other related information. No more waiting for shipping, or driving from store-to-store to find something special!
- Find products from the inventory of more than a half-million local stores across entire United States
- View product info for more than 2,000,000,000 items
- Sort and filter results by price, distance and store name
- Online-shopping option lets you compare prices or order online
- Save items to your shopping list
Goodzer is the most comprehensive local product finder available anywhere. Try it - it's free!
What's New in Version 2.0
- works all over US now, in any size of town
- includes online-only results as well
- interface is enhanced to make it more user-friendly
- app has advanced product sorting and filtering capabilities
- products can be saved now for later viewing
Great app, very helpful
Sure, shopping for stuff online is great, we all do it... but waiting for it to ship can be a pain. Especially if you need it *right now!* I started off looking for some tools, some car parts, you know, little stuff. Before I knew it I was trying to find the most obscure, weird objects I could think of in the city... and you know what? There they were, just a mile or so from where I was sitting.
Locally-available stuff, sorted by distance, price, whatever. No more calling to see if the store has it in stock, as Goodzer's already done it for you by some computer wizardry I don't understand. Even though I have no idea how they do it, it's powerful and seems to work well. This is gonna be awesome for all those Christmas gifts... Goodzer is definitely a front-page iPhone app for me now!
Great Idea...not always helpful.
I love the idea for this app. Sometimes, I'm looking for something in particular, and it can be a huge timesaver. Unfortunately, it's not without flaws (and the flaws are pretty frustrating):
1. Product/store knowledge is pretty limited. It may show you stores that have what you're looking for, but there's likely a closer store to you that has what you need.
2. Shows the same image for all (different) items. When it doesn't, if you scroll back up the images will turn the same. For instance, I searched for Clam Chowder. It gave me lots of different brands at different stores, with images of the different brands. When I scrolled back up, the images were all of the same can.
3. Tells you a product is in a certain store when they don't even carry it. I once was looking for a certain liquor, and it told me that Total Wine and More had it. Drove all the way to my closest location (which isn't that close), and they told me they don't even have a license to sell anything harder beyond wine and beer. Got it at ABC which is closer, but I don't understand why the app couldn't just tell me it was at ABC.
Again, this is an awesome idea and I really wanted to love it. It's not unhelpful, but it also kind of is. I think it was probably just forgotten as there haven't been updates in a really long time. Too bad.
Glad i started using again
As others, I had not used this app for a long time. I am very glad I rediscovered it. Very easy to search both local and internet vendors for just about any product, allowing you to sort from low to high. Saves time and money. I do find that on certain occasions the price initially shown is different than what is offered.