Keep exploring with Google Arts & Culture. Meet the people, visit the places and learn about the events that shaped our world. Discover collections curated by experts from the most famous museums. Be moved by stories depicted in thousands of photos, videos, manuscripts and artworks on every type of screen and in virtual reality. Find your favorite artworks, create your own collections and share them with friends.
Google Arts & Culture has collaborated with over 1,200 international museums, galleries and institutions from 70 countries to make their exhibits available for everyone online.
– Zoom Views – Experience every detail of the world’s greatest treasures
– Virtual Reality – Grab your Google Cardboard viewer and immerse yourself in arts and culture
– Browse by time and colour – Explore artworks by filtering them by colour or time period
– Virtual tours – Step inside the most famous museums in the world and visit iconic landmarks
– Personal collection – Save your favorite artworks and share your collections with friends
- Nearby - Find museums and cultural events around you
– Exhibits – Take guided tours curated by experts
– Daily digest – Learn something new every time you open the app
– Art Recognizer – Learn more about artworks by pointing your device camera at them, even when offline (at select museums)
– Notifications – subscribe to receive updates on the top arts and culture stories
– Location: Needed to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
– Camera: Needed to recognise artworks and provide related information about them
– Contacts (Get Accounts): Needed to allow sign in with a Google Account in order to store users' favorites and preferences
– Storage: Needed to allow artworks to be recognized and related information to be access while offline
Layout improvements and bug fixes for Art Selfie
Ratings and Reviews
Explore 1,200-plus museums—content translated into Thai.
I am giving this app a one star until Google stops being a whiny child and fixes the app so people in Texas and Illinois can actually use the “Is your portrait in a museum?” I find it ridiculous that they are playing this game because they do not like the laws Texas has passed that require companies to let users know about biometric scanning and to agree to it before use. I’m very disappointed in Google today and I’m not sure they will ever get my approval back. I’ve been an avid fan of all Google products for years now and have told everyone I know that using Chrome is your best choice. After this though annoyance and snub from Google, they have lost my support. And I really hope they can realize how childish they are being and stop throwing their temper tantrum and act like adults. Admitting their fault and sending out a formal apology is the only way they will get back into my good graces.
A wonderful app that is not just another way to take selfies
Every artist needs to learn the techniques of masters if they truly want to excel in their work, and being able to zoom into the minute details of a painting with ease is the most helpful and fascinating thing in the world.
As for the selfie function, one being angry because they cannot access it and become flattered by a painting that looks sort of similar to their facial features is just another example of narcissism and 1st world problems. Download the app if you want to be truly amazed by the skill work of a human being hundreds of years ago, or stick with Snapchat.
- Google LLC
- 84.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Basque, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Google, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.