Meet your Google Assistant. Ask it questions. Tell it to do things. It’s your own personal Google, always ready to help.
Find answers and get things done while on-the-go with the help of your Google Assistant. Remind yourself to stop by the store, pull up your travel photos to show a friend, or make a dinner reservation.
With the Assistant app, you can:
- Make quick phone calls (e.g. "Call Mom.")
- Send text messages (e.g. "Text my bestie.")
- Email your boss (e.g. "Here is the latest TPS report.")
- Set reminders (e.g. "Remind me to buy a birthday gift for Sarah.")
- Set calendar events (e.g. "Set a calendar event for dinner with Charlie tomorrow from 7-9.")
- Play music (e.g. "Play jazz music on YouTube.")
- Navigate places (e.g. "Get me directions home.")
- Weather information (e.g. "Do I need an umbrella today?")
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We've updated the app to bring you the best Assistant experience. This release contains bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be improved
This app is almost perfect, I really enjoy Google Assistant so much more than Siri or Alexa, the interface is clean and easy to use, and I actually enjoy using the app and find it fun. However when I ask Google what’s on my calendar, it does not list everything that’s on my Google Calendar, just the things that I have entered through Google Assistant. (For example, if I create an event through the Calendar app, the Assistant does not read or recognize it). I also wish that there was a way for Google Assistant to list all events and reminders when asking about my day. I have to ask separately “what are my events this week” and then “what are my reminders this week”. If there was a way to see everything at once that would be great.
All in all, this app is the best personal assistant I’ve used so far and I highly recommend it.
Better than Siri
I find the Google Assistant to be way better that Apple’s native solution that is Siri. I think it has more to do with how the information is packaged. Most of the time, the Assistant gives me something from the web, á la Siri, but instead of giving me the oft-repeated and annoying line “Here’s what I found on the web for...”, the Assistant gives me the result in a similar manner to the Top Stories feature on Google Search. I also use the 3rd-party integration much more than I ever have with Siri.
My biggest problem with the Assistant is not exclusive to Google’s AI, (I have this complaint about Siri and Amazon’s Alexa as well) but nevertheless, there’s a discoverablity problem. As the Assistant is in an uncanny valley of intelligence, I’m not entirely sure of everything I can do at any given time. I think Google is at a good place of addressing this problem.
Way better than siri
I recently needed to do some projects and used Siri it get information hands free, however I found out that it is very limited and only reads info from Wikipedia, I can barely even show some pics! Then I got this app, and I'm impressed by Google answer to siri.
The "ok, Google" feature works 99% of the time for my horrible accent and the voice is very cheerful and fluent. Its ironic that a 3rd party application does better than what Siri can do. Information is usually on pint and the new connecting with Chromecast is very useful. This app a nessacity is all iphones and should be kapt in the iPhone dock.
Theres is literally nothing wrong with this pp for me other than the fact that accessing it is harder than Siri. This app and gboard is perfect t combination for your iphone.
- Google LLC
- 198.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.