By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Authenticator works with 2-Step Verification for your Google Account to provide an additional layer of security when signing in.
With 2-Step Verification, signing into your account will require both your password and a verification code you can generate with this app. Once configured, you can get verification codes without the need of a network or cellular connection.
- Automatic setup via QR code
- Support for multiple accounts
- Support for time-based and counter-based code generation
To use Google Authenticator, you need to enable 2-Step Verification on your Google Account. Visit http://www.google.com/2step to get started.
Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
What's New in Version 2.3.0
* Minor UI refresh with support for iOS 8 and the iPhone 6 Plus.
* Small bug fixes.
I saw somebody using Google Authenticator on TV and downloaded it, ever since I have been using it. Overall, it works excellently but I would like if a fingerprint or passcode option was added along with landscape mode.
Great app - would love to backup to google drive though
Love the app. One suggestion would be to allow this to backup some how encrypted to google drive so accounts do not have to be re-enabled each time if you do a rest or change phones.
Add Apple Watch support!
This would be a five star review if the app had Apple Watch support. Overall it is easy to use and works as expected. I have quite a few two factor authentication accounts so it would be nice if there was a compact view.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 07, 2015
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2014 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.