Google Play Books
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Google Play Books for iOS start reading today with millions of titles from Google Play on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Take your favorite books with you on the go and personalize your reading experience. Shop books in your browser on Google Play.
Great Reading Experience
- Change font, search within the book, information about book
- Manage your library (archive books after reading)
- Night-reading mode
- Read books offline
- VoiceOver support
Discover Millions of Titles on Google Play
- Over 4 million books in every imaginable category, from the New York Times® bestsellers to favorite classics
- Millions of free books available instantly
- Free preview pages
- Unlimited storage of books in the digital cloud
- Worry-free archive
Syncs With Your Google Play books library
- Access all your books wirelessly from the digital cloud
- Automatic page position syncing across devices -- pick up reading where you left off.
What's New in Version 2.5
Read Now has a new look
A new default font, Literata, designed for book lovers
Sync notes and highlights to Google Drive – turn it on in Settings
Left-alignment is now available as a display option
Stability and performance enhancements
Love google books!!💗
I love this app! It has great books, good content and I can search for pretty much anything that I can think of and find a book about it. I can learn about anything that I want to just by searching . Plus very easy to read, and keeps my bookmarks with the little notes perfectly. The prices are decent, a lot of times I cannot find what I'm looking for on Kindle books and I find it on here. I read this app a four-star just because sometimes the prices do seem to be a little high
Rarely is an app so bad that I write a review, but the Play books app is dreadful. Google's heavy-handed use of DRM makes the books I've bought there practically useless. My copy of the AP style book has a giant Google Play watermark on every page, making it virtually unreadable. The only other book I've purchased (also DRM'd), is so slow to read, constantly crashing the app. Also, forget taking notes or highlighting anything, unless you have the rest of your life to read the book. I'll never buy another Play book.
Useful, attractive, buggy
I like the look of it this app and it has a few things going for it, but consistency is not one. Sometimes it works fine and other times crashes when highlighting, or just upon page turning. I love the options to change font and size and color, but when other super basics don't work it kind of ruins the point. Really too bad the integrated highlighting and note taking causes crashing.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 10, 2015
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 20.3 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.