By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Get the official Google Calendar app for your iPhone or iPad to save time and make the most of every day.
• Different ways to view your calendar - Quickly switch between month, week and day view.
• Events from Gmail - Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
• To-dos - Use Reminders to create and view to-dos alongside your events.
• Goals - Add personal goals—like “run 3 times a week”—and Calendar will schedule time for them automatically.
• Quick event creation - Smart suggestions for event titles, places and people save you time when creating events.
• All your calendars in one place - Google Calendar works with all calendars on your device, including Exchange and iCloud.
Google Calendar is integrated with Apple Health to track your workouts and mark Goals as done automatically.
What's New in Version 2.18
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Don’t waste your time with Google Calendar App
Online/Conputer version is great. App if horrible. Don’t waste your time with the app unless you only want to visually see your appointments. Entering is worthless.
I’ll only state two issues:
1) You can’t copy and paste and event/appointment on the app. You can only move it. So if you’re entering an appointment that you’ve had before you have to re-enter all the details from scratch. Waste of time. You can do this directly in google via a computer, but the feature is not available on the app.
2) People that need a calendar app are typically busy people with multiple parts of their lives. It’s great the google allows you to create multiple calendars for different activities. However you can only do that online via a computer. When you create an event/appointment in the app there is no option to decide which calendar you’re creating the event for.
I could go critique the app some more, but these 2 features, which are easily done if you have a computer and are signed into google, do not carry over to the app. They are essential features. Soo essential and intuitive that when you first get the app you send lots of time looking for where the features would be because you would never think that they don’t exist on the app. You literally find yourself scratching your head as to why the features aren’t there. It basically renders the app as just a tool to view your events and nothing else.
Not good for the avid traveler
Google calendar is nice because it puts events from your email directly into your calendar, especially for flights. It’s easy to use, but if you travel there is a major flaw that will frustrate the living hell outta you. When you put things in your calendar, it automatically resets them to the time zone you’re in. I live abroad in NZ for school and have events planned for when I come home for Christmas, however in my calendar my 7 pm on Tuesday even shows up as a 2 pm on Wednesday. Even distinctly telling the phone, it’s in a different time zone. It doesn’t let you keep it at the time it’s supposed to be. There is no way to set it so that I can put my events in and it will keep there the time I want regardless of time. I’m trying to plan things for when I go home and my calendar is all messed up, it makes things in a different time zone impossible to plan
Can They Do It or has common sense been deleted?
I have Google everything... If Google made Google underwear... I would have the beta version. But this app annoys me for one simple reason... The app always shows the 31st. I think they under estimated how many iPhone users look at the app to get the date. Its very convenient to check the app with the time being also on top of the screen. For some reason they will not make it a dynamic app that updates its preview daily... Even though this app in particular and out of all their other apps... Is focused on date and time. They just refuse to fix it and take great joy in annoying us with their oversight. It is as if we should rename this app Google Bothersome or Google Annoy or maybe even Google Cmoooon Man. How did the app work you ask? I don't know as I refuse to open a calendar app who can only get the date correct 8 days a year.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 18, 2017
- Version: 2.18
- Size: 133 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.