Google Calendar – Make the most of every day
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Google Calendar app for your iPhone or iPad to save time and make the most of every day.
• Different ways to view your calendar - Quickly switch between month, week and day view.
• Events from Gmail - Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
• To-dos - Use Reminders to create and view to-dos alongside your events.
• Goals - Add personal goals—like “run 3 times a week”—and Calendar will schedule time for them automatically.
• Quick event creation - Smart suggestions for event titles, places and people save you time when creating events.
• All your calendars in one place - Google Calendar works with all calendars on your device, including Exchange and iCloud.
Google Calendar is integrated with Apple Health to track your workouts and mark Goals as done automatically.
What's New in Version 2.4.0
• Today Widget - Get a quick look at your day's events directly in the Today View of your iPhone or iPad thanks to the new Calendar widget.
Love google calendar, hate the app.
I am a student involved in 5+ different activities that have complicated scheduling and I rely heavily on the google calendar to stay organized. Don't get me wrong--I love it. However, the website is SO MUCH BETTER than the app. The app is clunky to use, and although the little pictures and headings they put in are cute, I find it insanely frustrating to try to put in new events and switch calendars for it. It doesn't let you easily add an event that's more than 3 days ahead of you and doesn't give you the whole spectrum of hours to choose from. There's also no monthly view option so I can't visualize my week like I'm able to on the calendar website. The app itself has made me want to chuck my iPod off a bridge. On numerous occasions. But still, there's no obvious alternative to that app while still having one synced calendar that can be shared and edited by different devices. Although I despise the google calendar app with a burning passion, I can't survive without it.
Needs Efficient Options for Hectic Schedules
I love Google Calendar. Don't get me wrong. I'm a nursing student with two jobs so I stay a little bit busy, and Google Calendar is a lifesaver. HOWEVER,
This app would receive 5 stars and all the love I have in my heart if there was an option to select days of the week a certain event repeats instead of the standard "repeats every week", "repeats every day", etc. For college students who have the same classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, it would be great to be able to select an option to repeat that event on certain days every week and still be able to end it on a certain day (i.e. end of the semester). As of now it's a hassle to decide, "Should I select 'repeats every day' and then delete every day it's not applicable or add a million individual events to my calendar?" Ain't nobody got time for that.
Simply the best - It's in there
After a few days of using Google's Calendar I deleted Fantastical which was excellent but did not have the ability to sync with all devices and I had to buy the program for each device. And I found I needed a few other options. Googles Calendar does it all.
To those unfortunate individuals that can not find this or that option as per the previous reviews all I can say is that "It is in there" just take a few minutes to explore. With so many possible options to customize this program to your needs, it is easily understandable that you need to take a few minutes to explore the program but all are intuitive and easy to configure and use. When you do you will be surprised and pleased. From holidays (national and religious) to getting directions from Google Maps to ..... well everything else "it is just in there."
I would have given it 10 stars but there is only the option for 5. Thank You Google!!!!!
Oh! and I was able to transfer the only information from Fantastical directly into Google and it was seamless.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 06, 2017
- Version: 2.4.0
- Size: 154 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.