Google Calendar: make the most of every day
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Google Calendar app for your iPhone to save time and make the most of every day.
• Different ways to view your calendar - Quickly switch between month, week and day view.
• Events from Gmail - Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
• To-dos - Use Reminders to create and view to-dos alongside your events.
• Goals - Add personal goals—like “run 3 times a week”—and Calendar will schedule time for them automatically.
• Quick event creation - Smart suggestions for event titles, places and people save you time when creating events
• All your calendars in one place - Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange and iCloud.
What's New in Version 1.7.5
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
There's only one problem with Google Calendar for IPhone, but it's so easy to overcome that it didn't affect my star rating: You can't change the notification sound to make Google Calendar actually notify you with more than a beep. The solution? Link it with your Apple Calendar. You can link just the calendar you want, so you don't get notifications for "just Facebook Friends'" birthdays or holidays. AND you can share individual calendars with people (like coworkers) to help keep everyone on the same page. Plus, the color coding is very helpful, especially having default colors for different calendars. And you can save locations to your events and just click on the location to open Google Maps (or even Waze or Apple Maps).
Overall a great app, but one fundamental flaw...
Am I going crazy? Reading the reviews I've seen only two other people mention the thing that makes me almost delete this app a couple times a day: that annoying "31" on the app icon. Maybe it's just because I switched from Apple's calendar and I was so used to quickly referring to it for the date, but I almost never know the date anymore because of this. I get that they probably can't change it every day like Apple has the ability to do, but if not they should change the design altogether to something that won't throw me off, especially early or late in the month. Overall this app is so much better than the Apple version, there is almost no comparison to be made between the two, but this tiny external flaw is almost too annoying to get past sometimes.
So want to love it, but.....
I love the app but its too bad there isn't a way to simplify the schedule view to change the following:
1. Would love to simplify the agenda view. An option for black font against white would greatly help folks with vision impairments. Also it would be great to be able to change the font size.
2. Whenever there is an address entered into the address window the schedule view background for that appointment has a map view. Is there a way to disable this? This makes the appointment details hard to view and confusing to look at, like I'm referring to in my first point. (Developers, I would recommend giving your phone to someone older and let them take this app for a test run). They will give you similar feedback.
3. With the schedule view background in mind, sometimes that view defaults to generic clip art, which usually corresponds to the name of the appointment. For example "bike ride" is the appointment name and your app gives me a schedule view that has a bike. Again, this makes for a confusing view of the schedule. Is there a way to disable this feature so that the view is more simple and classic?
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 14, 2017
- Version: 1.7.5
- Size: 145 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.