By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Home app is one app to set up, manage, and control your Chromecast, Chromecast Audio and Google Home* devices.
If you own a Chromecast device, with this app you can:
• Easily browse trending and popular content from your Chromecast-enabled apps.
• Use search to find content by movie, TV show or actor*.
• Play, pause and change volume across all your Chromecast devices.
• Customize your TV screen with beautiful imagery.
• Discover new apps, offers and content.
If you own a Chromecast Audio device, with this app you can:
• Sync your speakers and Google Home together with Multi-room groups, so you can enjoy playback in every room.
• Play, pause and change volume across all your Chromecast Audio devices.
• Discover new apps, offers and content.
If you own a Google Home device, with this app you can:
• Control Google Home settings, like your default music provider or your location.
• Sync compatible devices with Google Home like smart lights, thermostats, Chromecast devices and more.
• Discover new features and offers.
* Some features may not be available in all countries.
What's New in Version 1.20.904
Bug fixes and performance improvements
I have been using this app for almost a month now, and it works great! Sure it takes time getting used to learning the app but so does everything in life. You have to just play with it before you become a "pro". It took me two hours before I learned how to go about using this app. Make sure you set up the device on the app, it makes life easier or you will struggle. If you for some reason cant cast on to your TV. uninstall and download the app once more. Make sure your devices are up to date and you are good! Now I never have to worry about losing the remote since my phone is an extension of my hand. 10/10 Google
I have the Google Home, but why a reminder tab?
Ok, so today I opened up the "My Morning" tab, just to check it out. And it said at the bottom: "Reminders for the day." What? When I ask it, "Ok Google, set a reminder for Popcorn tonight at 10." It says: "Sorry, create a Reminder is nit yet supported." What? Then explain the reminders tab. This is all just confusing. I've read some other reviews and they have said the same thing. Fix yourself, Google, because this is our "Hands-Free assistant." That apparently can't set a Hands-Free reminder. Should have gone with Alexa. Way better, because of the fact that she can set reminders and stuff. This whole rant is all about the Reminders, yes I know, but it has been WAY to long, and you need to update it. Ugh.
The Worst App I've Ever Used
The 1st time I connected everything was fine. The next day I was disconnected for some reason. Instead of letting me set up the same way it forced me to join a "hot spot" which in reality is a named wifi network that isn't connected to anything. Since it isn't connected to anything it just spins and spins until it finally says there is a problem with the wifi network after about 5 minutes. The problem is it forces me to join a make believe hit spot! It's the. It's frustrating thing I've ever dealt with. The TV with Chromecast built in looks great, but I will go buy another Roku and save myself the headache of having to deal with this POS chromecast and app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 16, 2016
- Version: 1.20.904
- Size: 117 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.