By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 63.0.3239.73
• Swipe up on the New Tab Page to explore suggested content from the web
• The ability to reorder bookmarks is back!
Typing lags and bookmark icons have disappeared.
Still issues. Now the bookmarks don't show unless I go hunting for them in a menu. So, now they are still gone from the old bookmark grid page style AND NOW I have to actually LOOK for them. Why?
Browser is slow, typing lags horribly, bookmarks icons disappear when scrolling down the screen. Chrome for iPad keeps forgetting my passwords. Please let us have the old bookmark method back, where we would have larger square icons that did not disappear when I scroll down the screen AND they sorted themselves horizontally across the screen, from left to right. I remove the titles on all of my bookmarks to be able to fit more on my desktop Chrome browser. The list-view of small icons is really poor design. I used to rave about how wonderful this browser was, but back in March, it seems to have taken a turn for the worse.
iPhone X Users Avoid
I’ve been a longtime Chrome user on multiple iPhones throughout the years and overall it has been decent....until now.
Even after all this time and multiple updates since the iPhone X was released, Chrome is still practically unusable on Apple’s new flagship device in landscape mode. In landscape mode it zooms in the page and won’t let you zoom out to see the whole webpage (seems this varies depending on the site). Another glaring issue is that you can’t tap the top of the screen to instantly scroll to the top of the current page in landscape mode. I’ve sent constructive feedback a few times already and never gotten a reply or even acknowledgement of them receiving it. Guess the team at google just don’t plan on fixing this glaring issue.
iPHONE X USERS AVOID!
If I went into image search (an update or two ago) I could tap on the image to get everything else like the white empty space and search bar and description text to go away. Now when I press on an image, I see Visit, Share, and Save. Which is pointless because you can already do those things by pressing other buttons.. So.. What am I missing? Please explain why I can't just poof everything away after selecting an image and tapping.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 05, 2017
- Version: 63.0.3239.73
- Size: 91.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.