Google Chrome – The Fast and Secure Web Browser
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 57.0.2987.100
• Yes, you can take it with you! If you find an interesting article that you want to read later, tap the Share icon and then Read Later to add the page to your Reading List. Articles on your Reading List are saved on your device so you can read them wherever you are, even when you aren't connected to the web.
Getting worse gradually
About a year ago, I would give this app 5 stars, no question. Now, the maximum I'll give is 3. After upgrading to iOS 10, Chrome constantly crashes on my iPad 4, losing all my work I do frequently. Also, this app doesn't allow you to add specific websites to an "ignore list" so stuff you do on them doesn't show up in history. Speaking of history, the app now only clears the ENTIRE history instead of a specific timeframe like other browsers. When you clear individual tabs, it still shows up in "Recently Closed." Switching to Safari until this is fixed.
Best iPhone browser
What makes it great is it's ability to sync up with my chrome account and thus with my browser on my PC, Laptop, and anywhere I log in with it, so I can share and save history and browsing. The interface is great, better than the other iPhone browsers I have seen, and whenever my iPhone crashes as happens on occasion, chrome has a recover tabs option so I lose nothing
Major update issue
Since last update, I cannot reliably load pages when on wifi. The first couple pages will load extremely slowly, but after that, all subsequent pages fail with a timeout error or no internet connection error.
I have a constant internet connection in spite of the error, and if I go to Safari, the pages load as expected.
If I turn off wifi, the Chrome will load all the pages, but they seem to load slower than normal.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 14, 2017
- Version: 57.0.2987.100
- Size: 94.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.