Google Chrome – The Fast and Secure Web Browser
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 60.0.3112.89
• After viewing the desktop version of a website, you can now switch back to the mobile version by tapping the "Request Mobile Site" button
Just read it
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
This has a major problem that's been going on as long as I can remember incognito mode being around. It has a nasty habit of caching images to display when you are switching between apps. For some stupid, unknowable reason, it always caches whatever you've looked up on incognito mode, and for the next month, you live in fear of the possibility that you'll double click the home button to swap apps, and some cached image from your past will haunt you. It's a major violation of privacy and completely defeats the purpose of incognito mode. I've tried clearing all cached images, etc, but it doesn't help. I think the bug has more specifically to do with caching images when you turn the phone sideways. I typically only see it pop up if I double click the home button from an app that only operates sideways. Anyways, fix this. It's obnoxious. I won't be using the app until it's corrected.
Password Autofill Will Not Work
It seems like such a small detail, but not having these usernames and passwords auto populate absolutely kills my experience. I have so many different passwords for so many different logins that I rely on Chrome remembering these things for me to use my different sites and accounts, and yet I cannot get this to work. Chrome settings say it's supposed to be working, but it just refuses to. Very, very frustrating issue. I have to stop and go to the Passwords manager and manually look up (there's no included search function) every user name and password every time I use those sites. There's no issue on my work desktop or my personal computer, but on the road on my iPad, it's useless. Chrome is useless to me on iPad. Uninstalling and using Safari instead.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 07, 2017
- Version: 60.0.3112.89
- Size: 93.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.