Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
• Improved downloading from websites. Downloading now works while the app is in the background. You can also continue browsing in the same tab while your file downloads.
• Improvements to Forms Autofill.
• Improved handling of links to the App Store. Previously, some links led to blank pages.
Ratings and Reviews
Bad Update - Can't Save or Copy
Update: The option to copy images is still completely gone and the save option was not fixed. I was glad to see that a case was filed for this bug. However the case was closed on Oct 25. It's Nov 21. The case updates acknowledged that it is now impossible to save or copy when you long press on a page that only contains an image. The staff said perhaps this isn't a popular feature anyway and later pronounced the case resolved. The bug was not fixed despite being acknowledged. I waited to update my review because I thought perhaps resolved would meant an update was forthcoming. I do use save and copy and hope this feature won't be removed on my MacBook as well.
After one of the recent updates, I can no longer save an image if I open it in a new tab and I can no longer copy any images. Yes, I have permissions set to allow Chrome to save photos (Settings - Privacy- Photos - Chrome - Allow Photo Access - Read and Write). I also granted Chrome Camera access. If open the same image (via url) in Safari and press on it, I get the option to save or copy the image. As of one of the last updates, Chrome does nothing if I press on an image opened in a new tab (the option to save or copy no longer appears). If the image is opened within a page (ie Google image search), Chrome then gives me the option of saving, but the option to simply copy the image is gone. (A: Yes, that's correct: cannot download or copy if "there's nothing on that page but an image.")
Hi there, are you not able to download the image in a tab (there's nothing on that page but an image)? If that's the case, we've filed crbug.com/777313. Thanks.
This is a great browser
When I need to browse the internet for help, or for entertainment, google chrome is always my go-to. Google chrome is your standard, easy to use browser that lets you do nearly everything you can do on the computer version of google chrome. You can find pictures, visit websites, go into incognito mode, and google chrome even blocks pop ups for me now. I highly recommend anyone this browser. For your phone and your computer. But, there's one problem I have with google's chromebook (Google's very own computer). The problem is that it cannot open .EXE files. Which really disappointed me. The chromebook that I use is much faster than my windows computer. (The desktop loads almost instantly, and google chrome runs faster on it) Google's chromebook is your standard, easy to use computer that can do pretty much what computers are designed for. But if you're thinking about getting steam on one, and playing your favorite games that are .EXE, you're out of luck. There has yet to be an app that lets you do that. You can still play flash games on your browser, as chromebooks have flash built in. And the chrome web store has some pretty fun apps, as well as some great emulators, including a GBA emulator, Snes, and nes emulator.
I love this browser just as much as I did when I first started using it. I only have two complaints:
1) Exitings tabs requires me to wait a few seconds as it seems as if my iPhone 5s freezes for a few seconds before I can click the x button. Minor issue, but I do enjoy having my tabs closed the second I want to close them.
2) Upon exiting all tabs and switching to other apps (such as Instagram), and then coming back to Chrome, by default there is a new tab that pops up. I understand how this could be convinient, but since I use Incognito Mode for everything and there seems to be no option for making that the default tab it's an extra step I have to do which involves me immeditiately closing the new tab and switching to incognito. There should be an option to have it as default.
Other than those two, this app is amazing and Chrome itself has always eased the pain of using unorganised and confusing browsers. Chrome is straight-forward and simple. Perfection in my opinion.
- Google, Inc.
- 99.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.