Get more done with the new Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster-than-ever, with Google Smarts built-in.
• FASTER BROWSING - Chrome’s address bar uses Google Search to make any fact-finding mission fast and simple. It also searches your Google Drive, so diving into next week’s vacation plan is just that much easier.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. So you’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - No matter where you are on the web, or the globe, Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built-in. Chrome also automatically prompts translation when you need it.
• MANAGE YOUR TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and manage them in the new grid shapes to easily view and compare websites.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - Signing into Chrome automatically syncs across your laptop, tablet, or on your phone. You get the same experience – no matter where you go.
• AUTOFILL FORMS & PASSWORDS - Remembering p4$$w0rd$ is a thing of the past. Chrome can store your address and payment details, so you can fill out forms with just one click.
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
A completely new and redesigned Chrome is being gradually rolled out! Please give us your feedback on bugs you encounter or ways we can make Chrome even better. We’re interested in any issues you notice, regardless of whether or not you see the new design.
Here are the highlights of the new features:
• New bottom toolbar: easier to reach frequently used functions, like Back, Search, tabs, and the menu. To discover some shortcuts, press and hold different buttons on the toolbar, or swipe on the toolbar.
• New tab grid: see bigger previews of your tabs, including tabs open on other devices. Drag tabs to reorder them.
• Features like Bookmarks and Reading Lists are now easily accessible on the New Tab Page.
• Press firmly on the app icon to see shortcuts (3D Touch).
• Credit cards you enter on your device are now securely synced to Google Pay for use on other devices (if enabled).
• Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this browser just as much as I did when I first started using it. I only have two complaints:
1) Exitings tabs requires me to wait a few seconds as it seems as if my iPhone 5s freezes for a few seconds before I can click the x button. Minor issue, but I do enjoy having my tabs closed the second I want to close them.
2) Upon exiting all tabs and switching to other apps (such as Instagram), and then coming back to Chrome, by default there is a new tab that pops up. I understand how this could be convinient, but since I use Incognito Mode for everything and there seems to be no option for making that the default tab it's an extra step I have to do which involves me immeditiately closing the new tab and switching to incognito. There should be an option to have it as default.
Other than those two, this app is amazing and Chrome itself has always eased the pain of using unorganised and confusing browsers. Chrome is straight-forward and simple. Perfection in my opinion.
Bitchin Browser: there are others but ..,
It’s a “Bitchin’ Browser”: there are others but .., only one Google other Browsers to include quite an extensive list here in appstō but integrating aspects of Google’s innovation creativity and professionalism security and superior customer services and support has set aside others to just independent developers genius and corporate sponsors for purposes of capital generating by the minions. As an epistemologist and UX/VUI cognitive and behavioral scientist (eclectic philosophically, and student of experimentalism marketing, social engineering, predisposed to furthering humanities across all aspects of boundaries of economic and socio-ethnocentric complexities— Googles got it going on but then look at Opera,Dolphin, and especially iCabMobile — WebKit and Gecko aside Omnigroup’s browser needs a evolutionary change too.
You want Chrome, but you need it too and you have the right to universality in your apps (where secured) index your cloud, sync your purchases and financial data best practices that requires your own personal preference and desired outcomes.
Phenomenal, but with one downside...
This iOS version of Chrome was once the perfect browser, but recent updates have removed one simple thing that I, until now, had taken for granted -- the "Save Image" feature. By that, I don't mean that one can no longer save an image -- you can; What I'm referring to was the ability to save from an "image-only" tab (not sure if there's an actual name for them) and save it in its highest quality. Now, the best I can do is save the thumbnail images from the link that leads to the new tab, but these are of such poor quality as they are not intended to be saved. If there is any image I want to save in its highest quality, I'm resorting to other apps to accomplish this.
This may sound like a back-handed compliment, but the reason I still use Chrome as my go-to browser is because I see no flaws within it aside from the issue mentioned above and it's worth the hassle. I do hope that the option to save an image from its own tab by pressing and holding isn't gone for good, because it's the last piece to the puzzle of a flawless iPhone browser (in my subjective opinion).
- Google, Inc.
- 102.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.