Google Play Newsstand
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Google Play Newsstand, discover more of the news you care about on your iPhone and iPad. Enjoy breaking news and in-depth articles featuring audio, video and more. With hundreds of premier publishers from sports, business, cooking, entertainment, fashion and more - it’s all there, easy to follow, read, and share.
• Enjoy Read Now to find more of the articles you care about and discover new ones you will love.
• Subscribe to your favorite publishers and bloggers and easily access their content in a beautifully consistent fashion.
• Explore categories like Arts & Photography, Business & Finance, Food & Drink and more and subscribe to topics tagged to the articles that interest you most.
• Bookmark news stories you don't have time to read for later.
What's New in Version 3.2
• Read magazines you’ve purchased (note: interactive magazines are not supported)
• Read articles in a mobile optimized format
• See articles from recent issues in Highlights
Improvements to Highlights
• Highlights includes even more articles from sources and topics you subscribe to
• Stay up to date with the new “Top News” cluster in Highlights
• Find related news at the end of an article
Performance improvements and bug fixes
Fantastic News Aggregator!
After tying a bunch of the "top" news apps: Flipboard, Feedly, Newsify, Smart News, etc. that we're all good in their own way, but missing a few features, I discovered Google's Newsstand. With a fast, beautiful interface that allows you to have multiple topics, wide range of sources and custom categories added, this is perfect. You can always download for offline reading as well. Very surprised this is not Google's primary news app (vs Google News, in the App Store)- Newsstand makes it look amateur. Give it a try, it's gone to my home screen and used multiple times a day. Please keep up this initiative and supporting this great app. My only suggestion to Google as of now would be to have an option to reorder Topics, rather than just "move to top." Thanks!
NOT BAD BUT...
Need to be allowed to block news sites that you don't want to see. Shouldn't have to keep seeing PAY WALLS because the articles you show from the New York Times and others keep showing. I don't pick them anymore and I don't want to even see them.
Glad to use this on my iPhone/iPad. Keep the updates coming.
Magazine subs finally!!!
Thanks Google for finally listening! Only giving 4 stars because I have not had the chance to see how well they work but 4 stars is better than the 1 star rating I gave originally because of the missing mag support.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 14, 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.