By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on documents from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can:
* Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Add and respond to comments
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Directly insert photos from your camera
* Open, edit, and save Word documents
Camera: This is used to takes photos to insert into documents.
Photos: This is used to access photos under the control of Photos Application to let the users pick images to insert into documents
What's New in Version 1.2017.22204
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
😫😤Can't use a Keyboard! Google Docs is really messed up!
My typing experience has advanced since my last review. I've gotten an iPad Pro and with it a 3rd party keyboard for typing. In my last review I said that I prefer Google Docs over Pages. Now its reversed. Google Docs IS NOT optimized for using the digital keyboard or a physical keyboard.
There are all sorts of glitches and it finally has fed me up to write about it. I push the up arrow to go to the next line up but after 2 or 3 clicks it goes to the top of the Doc which makes me have to scroll down to find my place. The selection tool is so messed up. Whether you do it with the digital 🍎 Apple Keyboard or your finger. It's always a chore cause it doesn't do what you want.
The last thing that was really frustrating thats been fixed now, thank you Google 🙏🏾. In order to edit a doc you had to click the blue circle with the pencil icon in the bottom right corner. It used to be such a chore just to edit your doc. Then when you pressed that blue circle it would select a random place for you to start editing instead of where you wanted to make a change. The reason I wrote this 3rd thing about it is to ask why is even there still? cause now all you have to do is double tap to start editing. It seems kind of silly now that its not needed any longer.
Please fix the above issues Google so that typing can once again be a seemless experience like it used to be. Thank you 🙏🏾.
Autocorrect bug still a menace
I was excited to download this version of Docs, hoping that the autocorrect bug recently introduced would be addressed, but it has not.
When one notices a mistake partway through a word and backspaces to correct it, the corrected text one enters is parsed by the program as a new word, and tries to complete or correct it accordingly. If you try to add 'ing' to 'test', for instance, Docs interprets 'ing' as a misspelling for 'info', and therefore tries to change the word to 'testinfo'.
Docs is still the best productivity app for iOS, and I still use it, but I don't appreciate having to exercise constant vigilance to avoid autocorrecting everything into total nonsense. Is Google aware of this bug?
Couple of problems.
I have a couple of issues. Firstly, it is impossible to indent the start of a paragraph as far I can tell.
Next, and most importantly, is the issue of the autocorrect being wonky. If you start a word and then backspace a couple of letters it thinks you are starting a new word. So if you type five letters backspace three of them and then being typing again it thinks you are writing your three letter word immediately next to the two letters that were already there. It provides a suggested correction after but is definitely inconvenient. If that is fixed the app will be much easier to use.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 14, 2017
- Version: 1.2017.22204
- Size: 203 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.