By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on documents from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can:
* Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Add and respond to comments
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Directly insert photos from your camera
* Open, edit, and save Word documents
Camera: This is used to takes photos to insert into documents.
Photos: This is used to access photos under the control of Photos Application to let the users pick images to insert into documents
What's New in Version 1.2017.22204
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Autocorrect bug still a menace
I was excited to download this version of Docs, hoping that the autocorrect bug recently introduced would be addressed, but it has not.
When one notices a mistake partway through a word and backspaces to correct it, the corrected text one enters is parsed by the program as a new word, and tries to complete or correct it accordingly. If you try to add 'ing' to 'test', for instance, Docs interprets 'ing' as a misspelling for 'info', and therefore tries to change the word to 'testinfo'.
Docs is still the best productivity app for iOS, and I still use it, but I don't appreciate having to exercise constant vigilance to avoid autocorrecting everything into total nonsense. Is Google aware of this bug?
Couple of problems.
I have a couple of issues. Firstly, it is impossible to indent the start of a paragraph as far I can tell.
Next, and most importantly, is the issue of the autocorrect being wonky. If you start a word and then backspace a couple of letters it thinks you are starting a new word. So if you type five letters backspace three of them and then being typing again it thinks you are writing your three letter word immediately next to the two letters that were already there. It provides a suggested correction after but is definitely inconvenient. If that is fixed the app will be much easier to use.
Okay, so I LOVE Google Docs. I use it almost every day, and usually it makes me extremely happy. But lately, it has been causing a terrible annoyance. When I start writing a word, it guesses the finish. It doesn't even come CLOSE with what I'm trying to write. And then it automatically corrects it to what it was guessing, even if you don't select it. It wasn't doing this on my laptop, so I must be a problem with the app version. If this can be fixed, that would be amazing! Thanks so much for your consideration,
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 14, 2017
- Version: 1.2017.22204
- Size: 203 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.