By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on documents from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can:
* Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Add and respond to comments
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Directly insert photos from your camera
* Open, edit, and save Word documents
Camera: This is used to takes photos to insert into documents.
Photos: This is used to access photos under the control of Photos Application to let the users pick images to insert into documents
What's New in Version 1.2017.44204
* Streamlined link sharing flow
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Good for the most part
Google docs is a fantastic website to use to get work done. It auto saves, allows collaboration, and has so many other features. The app, however, lags so much when typing that you can type a sentence or phrase and reasonably expect to wait another 10+ seconds before it finishes typing. And this is on a doc with only one person on it. Imagine the frustration when multiple people are on it! And if you think it’s done typing and go to fix an error earlier in the sentence, it will continue typing in the middle of the sentence (even though you finished typing several seconds prior).
Another problem with it is the inability to copy and paste MLA citations in it. If I’m working on an essay and need to make a bibliography, I’ll copy the formatted citation from an online citation maker, paste it into google docs, then have to manually readjust the spacing to make it correct. While you can just paste it into Word and go, you can’t with google docs, which is frustrating, especially when you’ve got 15 sources to format manually. (This is a problem with the website on a computer, too.)
Great for On The Go Lifestyle
Kid you not, I'm a 21 unit university student, working full time this semester. Having this app on my iPhone has saved my grades, as I don't have to carry my macbook around to finish up my papers and such. I just write a paragraph or two during my lunch hour, or during a bathroom break (don't kid yourself that you don't do it too lol), or whenever I have a few minutes to spare, and by the end of the day, I've already finished up my paper(s) while I was running around at work, doing errands, etc. I saw Thor in theaters with a friend of mine and decided to write whatever I could for an industrial health course I'm taking in that one sitting during the previews. I was able to get half of my paper done right before Thor began! When I got home, I only had to spend an extra 15 minutes on it, then I turned it in. Great use of time! I love this app!
My New Go-To
Google Docs is so intuitive. It has a simple, clean interface, is easy to use, and makes my (and my students’) work accessible from anywhere. It has made my life so much easier. As a student (working on two Masters degrees) and a high school English teacher, it has simplified my life and literally lightened the load I carry. My students share their papers with me and I can review, respond, edit, and collaborate with them from anywhere in real time and without the weight of 150 - 3 page papers in my bag! I love it! Now that I am familiar with the way it works, I doubt I’ll ever go back to Word. Thanks, Google!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 08, 2017
- Version: 1.2017.44204
- Size: 210 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.