By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on documents from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can:
* Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Add and respond to comments
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Directly insert photos from your camera
* Open, edit, and save Word documents
Camera: This is used to takes photos to insert into documents.
Photos: This is used to access photos under the control of Photos Application to let the users pick images to insert into documents
What's New in Version 1.2017.10200
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Same experience on any device
Google docs is a free application that works on every device I use. Whether working on a document for myself, or collaborating with others, the experience is simple, and the result is effective. While there are many great features, the one I am most fond of is tagging others in comments by using the "@" sign; which you can also use to assign the comment for resolution.
A close second, is the manner in which many users may work real time in a document, including any content being edited. I've used these features on Windows, MacOS, and iOS, and they work flawlessly. 5/5, simply a must.
Review from 24x7 user
I was a WordPerfect power user for 20 years. Since Jan 2016 I've used Google Docs all day every day for business.
+ Most of the interface is intuitive, and strongly familiar to those coming from MS
+ The ROI is high because it's an excellent tool at $0. + It's easy to save as .doc, .docx, .pdf, and more. It plays well with Google slides too
+ Add-ons increase features that we expect as former Wordperfect users... like switching between all caps, title case, and lowercase
Areas for improvement are:
- I still struggle to understand/use/control the "modes" to be in like viewing, editing, and commenting
- Find and replace is more work intensive than WP
- Inserting a simple drawing on the fly is weird because it's not WSIWYG. A window pops up to sketch your thing, then what you sketched is plopped into the doc
At some point I should look into Google's versions of these tools for business. Honestly the free versions have been good enough that I have felt too motivated to do that.
Hope this helps.
Incredible Mobile Experience
I was a passenger in the car on a long road trip today and was able to create several documents for work. I have used this app before in limited fashion and was skeptical I would be able to get a full days worth of work done but I did with ease. There are a few missing features (like TOC) but it's got nearly everything you need. This is a great mobile implementation of a great google service.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 22, 2017
- Version: 1.2017.10200
- Size: 194 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.