Google Drive - free online storage from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get started with Google Drive for free and have all your files within reach from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. All your files in Drive – like your videos, photos, and documents – are backed up safely so you can’t lose them. Easily invite others to view, edit, or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
With Drive, you can:
• View documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and more
• Search for files by name and content
• Easily share files and folders with others
• Set sharing permissions to view, comment, or edit
• Quickly access recent files
• See file details and activity
• Enable viewing of files offline
What's New in Version 4.9
• Request access to a file from the Drive app
• Watch videos from Drive while using other apps on iPad (iOS 9 only)
• Specify which types of notifications you want to receive
• Fixed issues that in rare cases could cause the app to crash
Very useful and efficient
Very useful for business or personal. I keep a folder for both. I can share pictures with friends and family and allow them to download. I set a folder for pictures that is secure and private and one that I allow only certain people to view. For business I can set up easy file sharing capabilities and it is easy to work in groups. I wish I used it in college. When I meet with clients it is a great tool because I don't have to take a bunch of files with me just in case they ask. I can pull it up on my laptop or tablet and show them what is being done. I can also review documents on my phone while waiting before a meeting to refresh my memory or if I have an idea and need to check some figures. Great tool. Great price. Also I have only had 1 problem in the last 5 years. It was fixed with a reboot of my system and no files were lost. Can't get much better than that.
Works exactly as expected. Very powerful tool.
I've been using the Drive app for 6+ months on my iphone 6+. It goes very well with the Sheets app and the Docs app, so I recommend downloading those too. You can listen to music, edit spreadsheets (a little cumbersome on an Iphone but it'll get it done), edit a doc, edit share settings for folders and docs/sheets etc. From what I can tell it'll do almost anything that you can do on a desktop. It's a very cool tool. Much more useful than dropbox IMO because you can edit docs and sheets (with the above mentioned apps installed which are free also.) I use it for work (web marketing) and to manage files for the bands I'm in (images/music MP3/set lists). Now that I've used it I'd have a hard time functioning without it.
First let me say that I was reluctant to start moving recipes online because all the ideas I read about sounded complicated and only worked for recipes but I read about using Google drive for recipes I was intrigued because you can do searches and if you save the recipes as google documents, you can save changes you make in the recipes. I created a recipe folder and love it. I have also started using the drive for some photos and other items I want to save. With Google being so popular, I think this may be a great long term solution for a host of things for me. Also, even if you are not super techy, you can do this. I'm not.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 09, 2016
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 87.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year)$19.99
- 25GB of storage (1 year)$24.99