Google Drive - free online storage from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get started with Google Drive for free and have all your files within reach from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. All your files in Drive – like your videos, photos, and documents – are backed up safely so you can’t lose them. Easily invite others to view, edit, or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
With Drive, you can:
• View documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and more
• Search for files by name and content
• Easily share files and folders with others
• Set sharing permissions to view, comment, or edit
• Quickly access recent files
• See file details and activity
• Enable viewing of files offline
What's New in Version 4.8.1
- Fixed issues that in rare cases could cause the app to crash
- View and restore files in your Trash
- Add colors to your folders
- Links to Drive from Messages, Safari, and Mail open in the Drive app
My first review ever
I have never written a review. I just don't think it's fair to let companies steal my time - even a few minutes - just for their own publicity and growth. My mutual fund or IRA might have some Google stock somewhere so I may be part of the industrial complex, so who knows. But I will say this: Google Drive has saved me so much time, energy, and has helped me coordinate my life like never before. I highly recommend it for organizing your work and carrying your briefcase with you everywhere you go. To those who are on the fence, there no shortage of cloud apps for document storage and retrieval, and Drive is particularly useful in certain cases. Additionally, there is a level of trust that this is not just a shiny new startup app that may even be better but Drive has a legacy, it is lean, simple, and versatile. But then again, Google Reader went away and I thought I wouldn't be able to survive... Was it because I never wrote a review?
this app is so amazing. it makes everything so easy. I can view all my typed school work on my phone and laptop and I love how Google lets schools make their own domains for emails and let's school districts easily make an account for everyone. it makes assignments easier cause when I make something on docs, I don't need to save it on a usb. and plus you can edit it with a shared person at the same time. you can make folders on drive and I make a folder for each grade so it can store all my assignments from each grade. I have a folder for 8th grade and I'm going to use my 9th grade folder next year.
My Family History Storehouse.
By the time genealogy software came on the market in a usable format, I already had 40 years of family history information in my computer. I tried transferring everything to a family history program, but the process of data transfer was monumental (and boring). So I opted for Google Drive. It's been my warehouse for several years now and serves me well. I have copied everything to a flash drive and given it to younger family members--so one of them can do a transfer if they prefer. But for me I'm sticking to Google a Drive.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 11, 2016
- Version: 4.8.1
- Size: 86.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year)$19.99
- 25GB of storage (1 year)$24.99