Google Drive - free online storage from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get started with Google Drive for free and have all your files within reach from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. All your files in Drive – like your videos, photos, and documents – are backed up safely so you can’t lose them. Easily invite others to view, edit, or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
With Drive, you can:
• View documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and more
• Search for files by name and content
• Easily share files and folders with others
• Set sharing permissions to view, comment, or edit
• Quickly access recent files
• See file details and activity
• Enable viewing of files offline
What's New in Version 4.2
• Back up and share photos and videos from the iOS Photos app
• Open, edit and save back to Drive using other apps
The perfect app missing just a few things
Google drive is my go to cloud storage ever since purchasing my chrome book. I have a MacBook Pro and a very powerful Windows computer as well. Google drive has become more and more useful to me as I've moved from device to device. I store all my photos, which automatically upload to the cloud upon being plugged into my computer. I save my documents to the cloud as well as my music. The only problem that I see with Google drive is the inability to play music straight from this app. I did download a 3rd party app (cloud eats) which allows me to play my music in a Spotify-ish way(the ability to download and play music offline) this all in all is a very powerful and cheap cloud based storage system that I have fallen in love with. Simple and intuitive to learn, easy to store, and cheap storage. If you use multiple devices and don't just own apple products and want cross platform support this is the cloud storage for you!
Gone are the days of being tethered to my laptop ...
For years I've had to worry about my laptop breaking down before an important presentation or meeting... and kept backups of files in unsecured thumb drives.
Over the past couple of years, I've migrated my work and personal files to GDrive and no longer agonize if I don't have my laptop. In fact, I brought my 4-year old MacBook Air on a family vacation (because it's lighter and won't be too anxious if I break it along the way).
Except for slower performance of my Mac -- I haven't missed my new laptop and discovered new ways of collaborating with my team back home!
Love Google Drive!!
Having access to my drive on my phone is so important. Because everything is technology based where I work, many times I need to make a quick edit on a Slide or create a new Doc to share with others. Adding Google Drive to my application list on all my devices, on top of the Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, helps me to have immediate access to search and locate, edit, revise and share my files.
Thank you Google for making Google Apps portable!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 01, 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 77.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year)$19.99
- 25GB of storage (1 year)$24.99