Google Drive - free online storage from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get started with Google Drive for free and have all your files within reach from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. All your files in Drive – like your videos, photos, and documents – are backed up safely so you can’t lose them. Easily invite others to view, edit, or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
With Drive, you can:
• View documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and more
• Search for files by name and content
• Easily share files and folders with others
• Set sharing permissions to view, comment, or edit
• Quickly access recent files
• See file details and activity
• Enable viewing of files offline
What's New in Version 4.0
• Updated with Material Design
• Faster syncing and image viewing
• Improved scrolling performance
• Added swipe gesture to go back
Image save quality is lower with the update
I have been using Google Drive for months now to transfer high quality photos from my DSLR that I have on my computer, to my phone so I can upload them to Instagram and I have never had any issues and it gave me full res, lossless photos that looked great. However after the update, now when I retrieve a photo off of google drive, by holding and saving to camera roll (the same way I've always done it), the resolution is terrible, it makes my photos grainy and throws the colors off. I don't know if this is a bug that you are working on fixing or if this frustrating nuisance is here to stay for good but I'm afraid that until this is fixed I will no longer be using this app that I used to love. For those of you dealing with the same issue, I've found that if you have a Mac computer, transferring pictures to your phone through airdrop works equally as well as the late version of Google Drive.
Update - more issues - cannot move more than one file at a time. Unbelievable. One, by one, by one, by one. Like playing a game of Pong in 2015. No drag and drop ability! Again, decade old capability still not here. AND still cannot share files easily or simple email files. Dropbox not much better in this regard. This is these companies dropping their hooks in you and your recipients rather than doing what is good for users.
1. Documents do not readily update across devices as in Dropbox. 2. No ability t simply email a file from Google drive. 3. Sharing very awkward, other party must have a google account to login and then view the link you send. 4. Addresses stored in Google Drive autofill to share documents are not connected to your ipad address book (not sure how Apple allowed this) but from God knows where - some old online address book download Gmail did years ago.
Lower image quality with update!!!
I have been uploading pictures I take with a dslr to google drive so that I could save them onto my phone from my drive. It had been a little slow but I knew that it was necessary to keep the image quality. My images are around 5-8 megabytes and with the update they are now under 1 megabyte... NOTICEABLE pixelation when I zoom in on the images has come with the lower image quality and size. This is absolutely unacceptable for my purposes. I am going to have to resort to emailing each image, 3 at a time with the email file size limit on almost every email.. Thanks google for ruining my life.
But seriously add maybe an option of uploading in higher image quality with the slower speed. Trust me, many of us will endure that pain for the results. Other than this, it is a decent app. But until the quality it raised again it has to be 1 star. Just unacceptable.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 03, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 45.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year)$19.99
- 25GB of storage (1 year)$24.99