Google Drive - free online storage from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get started with Google Drive for free and have all your files within reach from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. All your files in Drive – like your videos, photos, and documents – are backed up safely so you can’t lose them. Easily invite others to view, edit, or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
With Drive, you can:
• View documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and more
• Search for files by name and content
• Easily share files and folders with others
• Set sharing permissions to view, comment, or edit
• Quickly access recent files
• See file details and activity
• Enable viewing of files offline
What's New in Version 3.4.0
• Upload files to Drive from other sources (iOS 8 only)
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Great for storage capacity, slow for syncing
I love the amount of free storage that is available through my Google Drive corporate account. This was my primary reason for leaving my dropbox account for Drive last year. While storage is great, the overall functionality of the app seems to be “clunkier” and slower to sync than Dropbox. If Dropbox offered the same amount of storage that Drive did, I’d switch in a heartbeat. Sometimes it takes hours for newly added files to appear in the app version of Drive (not the computer version), while it take minutes for the same files to appear with Dropbox. This seems to the normal for Drive, because it happens quite frequently where I add a file to the drive on my computer and then I never seems to update on my I-Pad. When this happens, I just use Dropbox until the Drive decides to sync.
My Go To App!
I love Google apps! It's my go to app for everything I need to do. Documents, homework, pics, business docs, presentations, and spread sheets. I love the free storage and the ability to access it from anywhere. It also makes sharing and collaborating easier, whether it's real time or on your own time. Google apps is a must have app. Make sure you save it as a favorite on your desk top, and put it in a place on your smart devices where you can see it and use it daily. Google apps links to everything thing google to make the transition from one thing to another smooth...... i.e. google voice, gmail, google docs, etc...
Superb for all Devices
I'm a photographer who uses both Mac and PC, including an iPhone and iPad. Using Google Drive I am able to share my photographs with all devices without taking up space with every picture separately on them each.
Also what is great is the way you are able to organize using folders, including subfolders. I am now able to use this way of organization to create folders for completed, edited photos and also ones that have yet to be complete. This gives me the ability to download them on all devices and chose how and what program to edit them with.
Fantastically diverse and dependable.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 16, 2014
- Version: 3.4.0
- Size: 49.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year)$19.99
- 25GB of storage (1 year)$24.99