By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Home app is one app to set up, manage, and control your Chromecast, Chromecast Audio and Google Home* devices.
If you own a Chromecast device, with this app you can:
• Easily browse trending and popular content from your Chromecast-enabled apps.
• Use search to find content by movie, TV show or actor*.
• Play, pause and change volume across all your Chromecast devices.
• Customize your TV screen with beautiful imagery.
• Discover new apps, offers and content.
If you own a Chromecast Audio device, with this app you can:
• Sync your speakers and Google Home together with Multi-room groups, so you can enjoy playback in every room.
• Play, pause and change volume across all your Chromecast Audio devices.
• Discover new apps, offers and content.
If you own a Google Home device, with this app you can:
• Control Google Home settings, like your default music provider or your location.
• Sync compatible devices with Google Home like smart lights, thermostats, Chromecast devices and more.
• Discover new features and offers.
* Some features may not be available in all countries.
What's New in Version 1.24.526
• Bug fixes and improvements
Perfect, 75% of time. 25% useless and unresponsive.
This app will work perfectly and seamlessly, even across different streaming platforms, for days at a time. And then suddenly, for no reason at all and usually right in the middle of otherwise smooth casting, ERROR MESSAGE. No image, no picture, and no way to tell if it's the router, the Chromecast hardware, the Chromecast app, or some other glitchy flaw that broke the signal. Sometimes my phone cannot detect the device plugged into the television for days, despite having reset the wifi in my house. Sometimes I come home and turn on my television only to realize that the Chromecast has just been streaming without me all day. I'm a big fan of Google, but this app has never been 100% ready for prime time.
It was working perfectly fine until it just gave out. It connects fine to the wifi and the app detects it but cannot connect. I go to my wifi settings and the hotspot doesn't even show up. It asks me to set it up from the beginning but it can't or rather, doesn't want to. Come on, Google. We, the customers buy your stuff so you definitely have the resources to fix it. And as some other users who contacted customer support were told to get a new one, um, no; not getting a new one because not all of us are made of money. PLUS, I barely bought mine a month ago. I refuse to buy a new device after only one month only because your updates can't get the job done. Get your stuff together and I will change my rating.
This had better not be some ploy to get them to break so we buy new ones.
I recently changed my modem an hour ago so I had to setup my chromecast again. When the first chromecast came out years ago I did it via web browser on my laptop. So when it didn't find the connection to my old router modem it told me to download the Home App. I did and the connection failed each time. I tied to connect about 3 times and it all failed. Note that my wireless connection works on all my other devices and fire stick. So I went to website to set up my chromecast and it worked in less than 3 minutes. This app is dumb and a waste of time.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 07, 2017
- Version: 1.24.526
- Size: 150 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.