With the Google Home app, you can set up and control your Chromecast, Google Home and other Assistant speakers.*
Get the most out of your devices with the latest features, tips and offers.
One place to browse and play your available music, TV shows, and movies from the services you love.
Pause, play or change the volume of your video or audio streams.
Google Home and Speaker Settings
Control settings like your default music provider or your location, and link compatible devices like smart lights, thermostats, and Chromecast devices.
Create speaker groups with compatible devices and enjoy music playback across your home.
Customize your TV screen with beautiful imagery. Control settings like your device name, and discover apps, offers, and content.
* some features may not be available in all regions
• Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Violation of child privacy a real concern
I bought the Google Home for a convenient and fun way to stay connected and try something new. Only after using it for two days did it dawn on me that everything my 5 year old was saying to it was being recorded and stored on Google servers. He loved it. “Hi Google” could have gone on for hours if I let it. I work in software development and decided to look further into where things stand with smart speakers and Child Online Privacy and Protection - COPPA (including the collection of children’s personal information, audio, video and images). Bottom line - I couldn’t find anything addressing it. Some concerns have been raised that might lead to legal action at some point, I also saw articles alluding to future patents that could make the listening tech even more invasive. Imagine ads targeting your kids based on conversations you’ve had with them at dinner. These have somehow been sold into millions of homes with a loophole. For now I decided retire the Google Home. I deleted the multiple voice recordings of my son that had been stored via the Google Home app and can only hope that they are permanently gone from Google servers too.
I love Google home
Google home mini has made my life better. Besides helping me with everything things I constantly find myself going back and saying “Hey google !” Needless to say this device saved my life . If you don’t understand or even care about technology. Then this product is NOT for you. Overprotective parents need to get over themselves and stop making everything a problem . We’re spied on each and every day.. by Google, Microsoft , Sony, etc everyday.. our internet providers are constantly watching us. If you don’t like devices and software that record you then DONT get this product. I don’t say or do anything that would get me in trouble so I have no worries. In the end wether you cut a device or service out to try and protect yourself or your family then you might as well live under a rock.. because your always being watched... Always
This is perfect
This is the best product that Google has ever made the assistant is wonderful she is what a assistant should be unlike Siri Siri is not a actual assistant it was very easy to set up once you connect the speaker to your account and you set up your routine and everything else you really do not need to go into the app I do not understand what these people are complaining about in adding users it’s really simple most of these people are complaining for nothing why would google let Apple Music be on its product if you won’t to use Apple Music with a speaker by the HomePod it is really easy to set alarms in delete alarms it’s nice to know about your day when you wake up and get the news it is also nice and wonderful to walk into your home and ask it to do what you want perfect product good job Google
- Google, Inc.
- 264.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2013 Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.