Google Maps - GPS Navigation
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.43
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
Really exceptionally dependable routing
I have been using GPS in my vehicles since 2007, so I have dealt with a number of different systems for over ten years now, and I have spent lot of money on navigation systems installed in vehicles (eight different vehicles over that period). I still use a built-in system in my present vehicle. But increasingly—and since iPhone 5 and iPhone 6—I have been depending on Google Maps to route me to specific destinations, and using my car’s BlueTooth connection system to provide continuous directions through my car’s sound system. I have found it extremely reliable, and I certainly have appreciated that it is constantly updated and free. As most newer cars can connect with their owners’ smartphones now—and as most smartphones can be charged in the car—I highly recommend this application to everyone who has to do a lot of driving!
Not cool Google. NOT COOL!
This app has always been an indispensable tool for me. But with the addition of live traffic (in my city) and custom labels recently, it's become an invaluable navigation app. Thank you Google for this app. I generally don't rate and review applications, but I just had to give the new Google Maps the 5 stars it so rightly deserves.
Took away one star because navigation, location-sharing, and review-writing don’t work in my country. Another star because directions stopped working, too! I hope it’s just a bug and not another one of Google’s arbitrary policies of disabling features for certain countries. Come on Google. DON’T BE EVIL!
BTW, Apple Maps is much more accurate and detailed than Google Maps now. If Google decides to disable its one saving grace, i.e. directions, altogether, I might as well use the superior Apple Maps.
Transit departures widget
I've been getting a ton of use out of this widget. Living in NYC, it's amazing to have bus arrival times available in real time without having to rely on the MTA or poke around inside the app. Just this past weekend, the widget picked up that a bus was 4 minutes away, when the MTA said it was 14 minutes away!
My big suggestion to make this widget even better would be to have the ability 'pin' your most used transit options so it's not necessarily location based. For example, my closest subway station is 3 blocks away, so my phone doesn't list it as an option for me.
If I had a subway countdown clock available in my widgets at all times, that would significantly improve my commute!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 04, 2018
- Version: 4.43
- Size: 141 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.