Google Maps - GPS Navigation
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.39
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
Better than iOS Maps
I guess I didn't even realize the difference between this and the native apple map. I switched to iPhone last year and was used to pressing a map link and it opened right up in maps. Well, apple does that too...but when I needed it badly I had to come download google maps. I was stuck in a delivery parking lot of a huge hospital in an unfamiliar city that apparently had one address for the whole campus. Apple's map made me almost lose my mind- "Turn right then turn right! Go southwest then immediately go north then turn right! Turn left then turn right!"
It was insanity.
I finally broke down and googled what I needed which prompted me to download Google Maps...And I was immediately given correct directions and found my medical office in less than 5 minutes. Now every time I need directions I find Google Maps is the only one that's accurate.
4 stars because it turns me sideways sometimes and did have me turn right off of an exit just to make an immediate u-turn when it should have just told me to turn left from the jump. Still- it gets me there which is what I ultimately care about.
Not the same map app it used to be and update full of bugs
The most recent update, 4.39, has more bugs than before; the map and spoken directions are often different, the map shows the vehicle sideways or going the opposite direction you are doing and the directions indicate you should be going, and it keeps telling new directions even when you are just continuing on the same route and following its directions.
Two years ago, Google Maps was the mapping app to use, it gave accurate maps (showing and predicting traffic with amazing accuracy) and gave the best, quickest routes. Now, it does not show traffic on the map along the directed route and it often does not add the additional time for expected traffic until you have been sitting in traffic for five or ten minutes. Additionally, it often has trouble identifying where you are and what direction you are going. It has reached the point where the once superior app is not significantly better than other competing map apps.
One positive improvement in the last few years is being able to search along your route for things like food and gas (including most gas prices).
Needs an update but overall a good app
The google maps app is great but there are always times where the directions are silent where a freeway may split, and the directions aren’t clear enough as to which direction to continue. This would be helpful to avoid last minute lane changes.
As an iPhone X user, this app is currently terrible on this, and just because of that, I find myself going back to Waze and Apple maps. Waze, is definitely ahead of google in regards to on road obstacles, traffic and finding those shorter routes but google maps is far more directive with lane guidance etc. Because this app is missing a much needed update to support iPhone X, this is my main reason for giving the app a 3 star rating. I wouldn’t have expected google to be so far behind such a large rollout as the iPhone X considering other companies have already provided sufficient updates, including Waze.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 06, 2017
- Version: 4.39
- Size: 136 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.