Google Maps - Navigation & Transit
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.30.0
• Get turn-by-turn navigation right on your lock screen with the new Directions widget
• Use the new iMessage app to send your static location to contacts without leaving the conversation
• Bug fixes
This app is getting worse and worse
One of the best apps ever, but with the last few updates they totally ruined it. I've been using it for more than 10 years and all I can say is that I loved it. I even deleted the not so good Apple Maps from my phone cause I thought I won't ever need it. Not anymore.
The problems started few months ago. First problem: when I get directions and I try to zoom in to see something, it always zooms out by itself and that is very annoying. I have to stop the directions if I want to zoom. Second problem (and the most important for me as a semi truck driver) is the satellite images. It started loading them very slowly and now It doesn't even load them at all. So now the app is pretty much useless for me. As a truck driver I always need to check the places where I pick up and deliver loads so I don't stuck somewhere. I need to see how the parking lots and streets look like, where the entrances and driveways are and stuff like that.
I don't know if it's s just my phone that causing those problems but it doesn't make sense to me cause I don't have any problems with other apps that are using Google Maps. And also my IPhone 6S Plus works flawlessly!
Is it even a question?
I live in a city that uses bus lines and trains to get around the city and parts outside the city. This App is better than any schedule that you would get from the buses or trains, even telling you when there is a delay!
So yeah, opening a booklet that can cover a whole office desk with run times that most of the time are anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes off the real time, or an app that not only gives you the time and show you where, but tells you a good time to get there ahead of time so you don't miss it!
Yeah gonna stick with this app!
Great directions when it doesn't auto change my route
It has auto rerouted me several times. I've purposely chosen a slower more laid back route and mid route I realize it has changed after I've gone an additional 15 minutes down the new route. I didn't want to save a whopping 6 minutes and use the freeway and toll road which is why I chose my slower route. This route change should never be automatic. I had no cash for tolls. I had to turn around which caused me a 30 minute delay. This route change should be manual only. I have searched the entire app for the ability to turn this feature off with no luck.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 17, 2017
- Version: 4.30.0
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.