Google Maps - GPS Navigation
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.38
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
Google Maps nearly had me miss my bus
Never have I ever seen Google maps get an address wrong. I was waiting to get on my bus at the presumed address of 435 W Peachtree St NW, Atlanta. I didn't realize this but Google had brought me to 731 W Peachtree St NE. This as I later realized was one subway stop away from where I was supposed to be. It wasn't until I asked a pedestrian that he said I was at the wrong stop. I had to sprint half a mile to make my bus. The funny thing is that I typed in the address two to three times and all 3 times Google got the address wrong. However I then typed in the address in Apple Maps and found that Apple gave me the correct address. Apple went as far as correcting the address from 435 W Peachtree St NW to 435 W Peachtree St NE. Notice the difference between NW and NE (NW doesn't exist). I then checked in Google Maps, type in the original address and "somehow" (GMaps definitely gather user data on Apple Maps because they're diabolical) Google gets it right. This makes no sense to me, Google only corrected the address after I double checked in Apple Maps.
Update: I just checked again and 435 W Peachtree St NW is again the wrong address in Google Maps.
Add recent trips
I love / hate this app. It’s great because of all its features but after a couple uses it goes bad on you. I’ll start my navigation and all of a sudden the arrow that points in the way I’m headed flips on me and shows me in either the opposite direction or that I’m going left or something unhelpful like that. This “feature” or glitch as I would call it, is SUPER ANNOYING and unhelpful because now when I have to make a left or right I have to grab my phone while I’m driving and turn it to see the actual way I’m supposed to be driving or I have to take multiple looks at the screen just to figure out which way I’m supposed to go which is annoying. I have my screen locked so it’s not like the phone is turned sideways or something that the arrow should be turning. Please make it so the app only point forward and not any other way. I love using this app when I first download it because it doesn’t do this then I end up deleting it because it ends up doing this. Thanks!
Love the new update
Used to have to click 2 or 3 buttons to start a route, now simply load the address, click start and BAM you're on your way. Very convenient, especially when behind the wheel and you get sent to a different job. The one thing I would like to see improvement on is when I get my schedule emailed to me, I can copy the address from the native mail app, double click and sometimes at the bottom there will appear a "get directions to -- in google maps". Clicking on that loads maps, but it always says "can't find a way there". I can paste the address in fine, but it would be nice if this would work. A big improvement would be if a press and hold on the address would allow me to press "open in google maps" instead of the native apple maps would be great.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 17, 2017
- Version: 4.38
- Size: 131 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.