Google Maps - Navigation & Transit
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.34
• Add places to your timeline by checking in to places you’re at from the place detail page.
• Bug fixes
Must be a nice deal they have with toll companies
Update! Be sure to check other routes carefully. The app will now ignore faster routes to direct you down toll roads. Sometimes it won't even show the faster route until you select "avoid tolls!" That's ridiculous, just because I'm willing to take tolls, does not mean I want to spend $10 on a slower route.
I have also had the app redirect during the route (common) and just turn tolls right back on for no reason. This is super helpful when you don't know an area, lose perfect signal for half a second in downtown, then just follow the guidance out. By the time you're to the highway, the faster, non-toll route is now behind you bad would take much longer. I've paid closer attention and this is something that happens regularly. It doesn't happen every time the app tries to reroute for no reason, but just make sure to check your route after it does.
Because this app seems to get off on making you take tolls. The 'remember settings' button won't remember to avoid tolls. Worse, even if YOU remember, there's a chance the app will reroute through tolls without your consent.
The only reason I gave this establishment one star is because I can't give it zero stars. Very unprofessional, called in to make a pickup order and was put on hold and they must've forgot I was on hold. Prior to that incident, me and the wife went there and was told there would be a 30 minute wait. The bar was packed, but in the seating area not even 25% of the tables were being used. This is a blatant show of poor management. Management just doesn't care at this location. Obviously, the owner doesn't care either, because just look at these reviews... mostly all bad. It's a shame because being in management myself, this location has the potential to be a highly profitable and high frequency location. I would never revisit this location until management is replaced. And I probably won't even then. Forestville Fridays and Fridays in Alexandria on King Street is like night versus day.
Almost useless on IPad Pro 10.5
Street view takes forever to load on the new IPad Pro 10.5, when it works at all. When it does work; about 1/2 the time, going back to the map view either crashes the app or more commonly, causes the app to freeze forcing me to force close the app and try again. Street view is pretty much the only reason to even use Google Maps over the built in Apple Maps application. This doesn't happen on my iPhone 7 or my iPad Air 2 or my wife's release edition IPad Pro 12.9 so it's got to be some kind of incompatibility with the new Pros. This needs to be fixed if it's too be at all useful.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 24, 2017
- Version: 4.34
- Size: 124 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.