Google Maps - Navigation & Transit
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.26.1
• Bug fixes
Hahahahahaha - now THIS is what an app should be!
Ok, I've loved maps all my life, and Google's aren't much if you're into maps the old fashioned way. But if you want to find things in the (commercial) world, this is your tool. By adding all those zillions of advertisers, suddenly those old yellow pages are a thing of the past, too. Whatever you're seeking is just a quick search, wowzers - campgrounds, plumbers, anybody your browser can find will pop onto your map. Zoom to your region, and voilla - you don't get duplicates, you don't find things no longer around, and the job of sifting and choosing is visually right there. How lovely. Best app ever - I'm really cutting back on Chrome and using Maps more and more for shopping and adventure sorts of searches. Now, if I can just get one of those new autodriving cars, I'll be set!
HMI Variations Change, But Data Is Improving
Google Map is now quite reliable, with fewer gotchas. Markers referring to scenery, public lands, and other places not associated with for profit business are available.
My recent experience towing a trailer that limited top speed, which presented a challenge Google needs to address. Navigation choices currently assume posted speeds, however when speeds must be decreased, there is not a way to reflect that limitation in the navigation function.
Valley roads with high mask angles, or other GPS challenges remain, but the data & interface are pretty solid. Buffers help maintain tracking when communications are intermittently disrupted.
Better! Thanks for listening
It seems I'm not the only user unhappy with some recent changes, as the Maps team have been listening and reverted to the better UI in older versions. Thanks!
The "press to accept" alternative route suggestions still needs work, and this version seems slightly less stable--I'm noticing rerouting delays more frequently.
The best navigation app, but the latest version has changed important features so that the app is more difficult to use while driving.
1) the route preview icon is no more: it's been moved to a pop up menu. Much more difficult to use when driving as now it's an extra step.
2) why put a large "Exit" icon on the main nav. screen? The old "X" was fine on the left, which made room for the route preview button.
3) "Press to accept" alternate route announcement disappears much too quickly, and here you DO need a big icon to safely press when driving.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 06, 2017
- Version: 4.26.1
- Size: 101 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.