Google Maps - Navigation & Transit
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.32.1
• Bug fixes
A few days ago I followed the directions given and ended up in a very dangerous situation on the side of a mountain. I was pulling a large fifth wheel trailer and the maps led us onto a road that would have required us to back up for 2-3 miles to get out. So, we pressed forward following the map up the mountain and all of a sudden we came to a switchback or hairpin turn in the road without any warning. Since there wasn't any way of turning around and no chance of backing up we pressed on. Then again without warning we came to another switchback in the road. By this time the grade on the road was greater than 6%; I estimated between 6 and 8%. This time trying to get around the corner required us put our lives and property at risk. We had to pile stones etc. in the ditch for the trailer tires to drive on and drove the truck way out within inches of the edge of the cliff to get around. The camper cleared the wall by about 3 inches. We ended up damaging the truck and camper making that turn! If we had been alerted to the kind of road we were going travel on we would have selected another route. Google Maps needs to either advise about roads like that before routing anyone down them or create a setting that allows for the vehicle type (trailers, campers, motor homes) and route them onto roads safe for travel. I hope Google does something about this before someone is injured or killed.
Used to love this app
Don't like to recent changes that force me on to toll roads even when it does not save time!! Will force me to use another app! I've always felt that this app was far superior to the one that comes preloaded on my iPhone, so I for years I have taken the time to manually type in the address versus taking the shortcut that goes directly to the iPhone maps. (I wish the iPhone would allow me to choose the map of my choice but that's another issue) lately however I've noticed that Google maps will navigate me onto the express lanes (Toll roads) that run parallel to the highways even when there is not any additional traffic on the main highways. The App will show me options to take other routes, but it will not offer me the option to take the parallel non-toll road. Why is the app adamant about forcing me onto toll roads? Are you getting kickbacks?
The newest version won't let you swipe through directions
This app was the best. Every time I thought I was going to switch to waze or another app, I always came back to google maps. It has been a trusty program for me, but no more. This latest update no longer lets you swipe through your route on the top of the maps on the green bar where the directions show up. Before, doing this allowed you to see the next step while the map would fly to the next turn or move. Now if you swipe nothing, if you tap it it drops down written turn by turn directions. This is crap. Every maps app does this while locking the map. I am an extremely visual person and I can't retain or interpret a bunch of written directions without having to keep rereading them over and over again which is SO DANGEROUS WHILE DRIVING. The visual map follow through was a god send. Please bring it back for all your adhd users.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 12, 2017
- Version: 4.32.1
- Size: 150 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.