Google Maps - Real-time navigation, traffic, transit, and nearby places
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
What's New in Version 4.22.0
• Bug fixes
Generally reliable, with two caveats
Yes, this app generally gives accurate directions. However, what is with this godawfully obnoxious tendency to route to the rear of virtually any given address that I type in? Also, in my city, the elevations range from about 600' to a little bit over 1,300'. As if the windy and steep roadways weren't crazy enough, throw in several tunnels for good measure, and just to round out the equation. For some reason, Google Maps gets stupidly confused if an address is for a street that is on the mountaintop, direct above the tunnel. Routinely, rather than navigate me to summit where the actual address is located, it instead directs me to enter the tunnel, telling me that the destination is in the middle of the tunnel.
The tunnel problem is unique to my city, but is clearly fixable, as Apple Maps doesn't have the same problem. Also, the problem with directing to the rear of any given address is not unique to my city or even my country. While in Prague last Fall, my walking routes, navigated via Google Maps here, were routinely directed to the rear of the address.
Seriously, what gives? I'm clearly not the only person who's complained about some of these issues; and, you clearly have some of the smartest computer programmers in the world working for you. Why are these still an issue?
I really like this app. Never gets me lost. Is simple. But for some reason yesterday Aug 26, I kept missing turns and the map kept showing if i had just made U-turns but I hadn't. I thought what the hell is wrong? Then i realized that while I was on the app, the screen was going crazy like my phone screen was acting up. It was just happening when i was on the map. Im not sure if it's fixed but if it isn't, it needs too. It is super easy to follow directions on this app, but I believe that yesterday it wasn't telling me at the right time when to turn. It was so fristrating! Lol
Arnold and Justin did an outstanding job installing our new privacy fence. The were extremely professional and worked very hard. I felt very comfortable with them in my backyard even though I was gone quite a bit of the time they were doing the install.
The fence gives us the privacy we needed and looks great.
I would recommend Arnold and Justin and SW Vinyl to others interested in a vinyl fence. Tom Sategna
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 26, 2016
- Version: 4.22.0
- Size: 92.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.