By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.11.0
• Easily compare ETAs across driving, transit, walking & biking
• Get directions to places now on your Apple Watch
• Bug fixes
About ready to DELETE! Don't update!
New design is much worse! Missing functionality!
With new design map window is narrowing to 50% of the screen on my iphone 5. And you can forget about a landscape mode on anything smaller than ipad. Search lines and bottom slider are not hiding anymore to show full map.
Rotate (change from/to) button in another menu now. Need to tap additional menu every time to calculate a route with one-by-one stops.
You won't like it if use it often for car or truck driving and calculate miles between destinations or change from/to directions (yes, YOU tap "rotate" button every time you want to see how many miles left from your location lol).
With this update it's hard to compare time and miles between suggested car routes. You need to press recommended routes at the map now which I hated to do even in previous versions, because it's harder to catch correct one if routes are close to each other! By sliding bottom bar to the right you get walking and cycling routes instead of the second and third car routes.
Google team, if you want to concentrate on walkers and bike riders, just make separate app for them. I don't need to know walking distance from NY to Chicago or from Indianapolis to LA!
The only thing you still have is one finger zoom in/out. Remove it, and you guys are done!
Terrible update, makes it harder to use
Used to love this app, but the changes make it much more difficult and dangerous to use.
1. The swiping: it used to be between routes, which is very important to decide which route to take. I weigh my options by looking at tolls, distance, amount of traffic, possibility for a train, speed limits, etc. Most of the time traffic changes while I'm driving so I check it again at certain points and decide if I should take a different route. With the update, now when I swipe, it shows me bus and walking routes. With my 40 minute driving commute, I think it's ridiculous to use the swiping to show me it will take 7 hours to walk to work. Now I have to dangerously zoom in and try to tap the little lines of route options while driving!! Super dangerous!
2. Not everyone uses the voice navigation, I prefer to look at the full view map to see overall conditions on my way. But now I can't even close the big gigantic blue form at the top of the page to look at the route unless I hit <back or go to voice navigation...
Not good, Google. Don't you guys test new changes on your actual user base?!
Bad changes for tapping and scrolling for directions
I've always liked the features Google added to Google Maps to make it easier to get directions, but I don't like the changes just made with tapping or scrolling for directions. For example, if there were three ways to get directions by car, you used to able to "scroll" left and right for those three options. With the most recent update to the app, that same scrolling feature wouldn't scroll through those three options by car but rather by the different modes of transport to that destination. While the changes to the UI are nice, the user experience for tapping and scrolling for features has, in my opinion, ‘gone the wrong way’.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 29, 2015
- Version: 4.11.0
- Size: 34.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.