Google Maps - Navigation & Transit
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.29.0
• Learn what businesses are considered “best-of” by trusted publishers (like “The Best French Bakeries in NYC” by Serious Eats)
• Visit the “My Contributions” page to give feedback on other users’ suggestions to Google Maps data
• Bug fixes
How Can You Not Love This?
I have gotten to the point where despite having a built-in GPS in my car, I use this app more than half the time because it is so incredibly accurate. With the downloadable maps, it greatly eases demand on your data limits and frees you up to use it more frequently. The voice speaks clearly and at a good tempo, and you are given a heads up – and a automatic re-routing – when you run into traffic. If that weren't enough, it gives you a Welcome greeting every time you cross a state line. Even if you don't love this app, you should have it as a backup as you will find it useful at some point when your other resources have failed you. Highly recommend.
Love this app but...
I use this app just about everywhere I go whether I'm taking the train, driving by car or riding my bike. It really gets you where you want to go but recently I've been working with commercial vehicles and I see that it doesn't have an option for routes for these vehicles.
I really think google maps should work out an option to say whether you are commuting via regular commute or commercial commute that way you know which parkways to stay off of with a commercial vehicle if you were driving via that kind of transportation.
I hope Google maps see this and can work to provide this option. Thank you
Very reliable even in rural and remote India. I've used it in many parts of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Andra. The talk back which reads out directions can go whacky sometimes. But not too often. This can also be because, in India, when businesses drop a pin to indicate a location, they do a vague approximation, not ensuring it falls on the correct side of a road or intersection. So the app makes you do turns and u-turns and when you get there, the business isn't there and we get baffled. But that isn't the app's fault.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 22, 2017
- Version: 4.29.0
- Size: 109 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.