By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.4.0
• View a full-screen map by tapping an empty spot on the map
• See transit line colors on the map when you get transit directions
• Filter search results for Zagat-rated restaurants (where available)
• Type, or tap the mic and say, “directions to” a place for faster results
• Bug fixes
Best Hair Salon in LA!
I have been coming here for a few years, and can't imagine letting anyone but Skye ever touch my hair again! In fact, I have contemplated leaving LA, but then I'd have to come back every few months to get my hair done. Skye is a doll. She really listens to me, but mostly now I listen to her, as I don't just consider her my hair dresser, but my hair partner. After years of building a relationship, she knows my hair better than I do, has learned my tastes, tolerance for experimenting, and changing moods, so I can sit in her chair and allow her to create her own masterpiece. She gave me the best ombre I'd ever seen (it truly progressed from one shade to another, as opposed to many that shift abruptly), and I she's a wiz with Keratin treatments/Brazilian Blowouts, knowing exactly how many passes to do with the iron to leave my hair straight, or wavy (minus frizz) depending on the look we are going for. I have extremely thick, dry, difficult hair to manage, and have been through my share of hair dressers. Sky is the first who has been able to not only send me home looking fantastic, but cut it in a way that I can actually style it myself. She has tutored me on caring for it, and spent time just showing me how to hold the tools, apply the products, and have confidence in producing I look I like on my own. In fact, I get regular complements on my hair, even weeks after visiting Tite Ends.
Google Maps is great as a search engine for places. It would be nice to be able to group my places into a group that I could name in order to view a certain list of places instead of having to look through them all. However, it has been giving me crazy directions lately. Apple Maps, although lacking many features, has been giving me much better directions. Waze does good, but can many times take me one way and bring me back another. I deleted Waze and will hold into Google Maps for now. But if you haven't heard, there is a new navigation app - HERE. It just came out and is getting great reviews. It does need a few upgrades, but so far it is working almost as good as the others.
Update: Nice update. I'll give it an extra star. But the directions are not the best and doesn't Google Maps have night mode?
Not too useful at times
Every time I use the app it has me at the last location I used it as my starting location or it is frozen on the map with a blue arrow on the bottom right side of the screen so anytime I need to use the app I have to exit and close the app from the phone menu. Also numerous times I'm getting wrong directions for example telling me to be in a certain lane to take an exit which takes me to another exit and gets me lost or if there's an exit number with a and b it won't specify which one to take it will only say take exit 27 A/B. Also when I search a restaurant or store to find the nearest, not because I don't know if there is one but because I don't want to go into my browser and search the street name while I'm driving, it never shows the ones close by it will show stores from another state or city
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 18, 2015
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.