By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.2.0
• Filter searches for restaurants by cuisine type
• See current weather information for cities around the world
• Drop a pin for your starting and destination points in directions and navigation
• Business owners, claim your listing page to manage your presence on Maps
• Additional options for sharing places
• Bug fixes
Not as easy to use
Just updated Gmaps, and frustrated already. This is first app review I have ever written. As full time nomad, I used the app *all* the time to get mileage between points as well as looking at different route options. Just looked at Bay Area to San Diego, only have I5 route so that was useless. Tried routing thru towns along the 101 route and all I get is ads for hotels etc. Trip Advisor is my go-to for that information, backed up by Google search...I need access to quick reliable routing info on a map app. Google, please keep giving us useful features and keep the ads to a minimum on the map app. My hunt for replacement starts now.
UPDATE: I was just made a half hour late for appointment. As I followed voice commands for the last stretch to reach my destination, Google gave me three contradictory instructions within 10 seconds. I had already proceeded based upon the first instruction. When I pulled over to check my location on the map, the app froze. I had several more problems with Google Maps, and gave up. Since my initial report, I have come to *never* rely on this app, because it so often does not accurately find me, freezes up, or directions are so off the wall as to be comical. No, it doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be disappointed because it was so good for so long.
Changes Route in the Middle of Driving without Audible Warning
I am very dissatisfied with the last update. Took a trip on January 1, 2015 from Massachusetts to Michigan and selected the route that would NOT take us through Canada. Note to google maps - the fastest route is not always the fastest! We did not want to go through Canada and have to wait at customs. We knew what we were doing. SEVERAL TIMES the app changed our route and started to lead us to Canada. I finally saw it in action - a message pops up on the screen with no audio alert “a faster route has been found” and a timer starts that, if you do nothing, will AUTOMATICALLY CHANGE YOUR ROUTE. Do you have any idea how frustrating that is?? Normal people do not stare at their phones while they drive, they listen to the audio commands and look at the phone when things are confusing. At a minimum, this feature needs to give you an audio alert that says the same thing the popup does. I would also recommend the default option NOT be to switch to a different route than the user selected. On the way home we ended up turning google maps off after more of the same rerouting and just went by a printout we made at home. Sad in the information age to be missing the paper atlas.
FINALLY ....a long awaited tummy tuck !!!
I had my first child at 27 years old, my second at 29 years old and my third at 32 years old. My stomach was never the same after that. My skin was pretty good but now my stomach stuck out and I was unable to hold it in. I was so frustrated because working out didn't make it any better. The thought of surgery was overwhelming and although it bothered me I just wasn't ready..... Fast forward, I turned 50. It no longer bothered me a little bit, it bothered me a lot. My skin was getting stretchier, the bulge was worse and I was so self conscious in a bathing suit. I met with Dr. Placik and he was amazing! He took measurements, showed me what he would be removing and gave me various options. I felt so comfortable with him. I scheduled quickly. It has been 5 1/2 weeks since surgery and I'm so happy I finally decided to have the tummy surgery ! My only regret is that I didn't have it sooner. I love my new body!!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 15, 2015
- Version: 4.2.0
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.