By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.9.0
• Label places to see them on your map and in search suggestions
• Night mode in navigation to see route more easily after dark
• Edit your posted photo captions
• Bug fixes
Finally, Night Mode!
I am very excited and even relieved that you have finally included a night mode to the iOS app–seriously, it’s a godsend.
All around, this is a wonderful app, but there are a few features that are missing. One is the ability to search along my current route; I believe Waze has this, and I know the Road Trippers app does. As another user, bmdelaune, mentioned, having to exit my current navigation and manually search (via voice or typing) and then manually re-route or still manually re-search my original destination and “resume”navigation is inefficient and dangerous.
Another feature you actually had included in a past update, but it no longer works without Location History turned on: being able to choose “Home” or “Work” from the “Choose your Starting/Ending Location” drop-down on the directions screen. I do not want Location History to be on, and having to type out my home address every time I’m trying to map out transit directions for later while away from home is greatly annoying. Please fix this! Otherwise, keep up the good work, Google.
Voice Navigation reminders every mile???
I’m really a fan of Night Mode. When using Night Mode (which is apparently ONLY automatic… a bit of an inconvenience), you can now glance over at your iPhone to confirm Voice Navigation prompts and not have your night vision blown out by a white background. And I’ve always been a fan of the app’s more pleasing voice, rather than the often stern tones that other GPS apps and units use (“…Recalculating…”). However, the change to having a verbal “confirmation” of the road you’re on and the number of miles left EVERY MILE drove us so nuts the other night, I had to mute Voice Navigation… and risk missing the next turn. (The app DIDN’T have mile-by-mile reminders the next morning, when it went back to daylight mode.) I guess it’s Google’s way of keeping you awake at night but it drove everyone in the car crazy. How about every 10 miles or a selectable option, along with overall night vision selectability as others have mentioned? As it is, I’ve gone back to the previous version (and NO Night Mode) because of this issue. Google Maps has always been great… please don’t make me go elsewhere for navigation.
Need multiple destinations...
Love this app over the apple maps any day Google just does it better and doesn't always try to make me search the address I want in a different city. Absolutely love night mode as a pizza driver it's nice not to have blaring phone light in my face. As stated I'm a pizza driver so I've had a large amount of testing this app, for one it never crashes, two never lags (if having trouble searching address its your carrier I promise you), and three and most importantly for a pizza driver has 98% of roads labeled (ones not labeled either don't exist or are literally brand new as of this week).
Only request Google is due to many areas of bad reception give me a multiple destination option like I mean set one destination then set another from your first destinations so it keeps going smoothly for me... PLEASE MAKR THIS GOOGLE
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 06, 2015
- Version: 4.9.0
- Size: 28.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.