Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
Commuting is hard, but Google Maps is here to help. See live traffic, delays, and disruptions no matter how you get to work - whether you drive, take transit, or a combination of both. If you’re driving, you can even link Spotify or Apple Music to control your music right from navigation mode.
When you’re not working, use Google Maps’ new group planning feature to plan your next activity. Create a shortlist of places and share with friends who can easily vote on where to go - so you can stop sending those endless group texts that open in multiple apps that never end in a decision.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but now adding videos? Also, favorites dropped inexplicably
Good. Of the limited choices for fast and accurate routing I thus far favor googlemaps over the native ios map app. Three frustrations though: video ads are coming, with no control; favorites disappear;
Oon the latest upgrade i see the new “feature” is “you can see videos posted by businesses about their latest offerings.” OMG now here comes the bandwidth-sucking auto-play videos, though I haven’t seen them yet after the last upgrade. No control to be found in Settings-> Google Map menu. Will the audio track cut into my podcast or music stream while I’m navigating or browsing the map? Let us search and navigate in peace!!! If videos autoplay or don’t have a default “still frame” mode with click-to-load by default, I'll look at moving my favorites someplace else. google maps alone already is among my top users of my data plan, and one of the few apps that i allow to use cell data BW because i have to allow it that.
Another puzzle: favorites seem to randomly disappear off the map. I often focus the map on a wide view to find my favorite by location, the star is missing from the map.
Lastly, as other reviewers note, I often need to choose a nav path by dragging the route line, allowed on desktop but not on ios even with larger ipad screens. Add this feature so i can determine my route!!
What’s up with the new landmarks?
Google maps has recently started telling me to “turn left after jack in the box” instead of giving me the actual relevant information of the street name I should be turning down. If I wanted directions from my aunt I would have asked her. Also the map always bugs out and can’t seem to figure out if I’ve stayed on the highway or if I’m magically driving on the road the highway crosses under. The gps takes a while to refigure out where I am and often gives incorrect directions while it’s figuring out which road I’m on, even though I’m clearly just following the directions and couldn’t possibly jump from the highway to the streets crossing above the overpass. This did not used to be a problem. Only in the newer versions. Maybe google should incorporate elevation so the gps app would know where I am is on the route that it’s giving me directions for and not suddenly some other road. Unfortunately, it’s still light years better than Apple maps so I always use it which only makes these problems more frustrating. Lastly, I hate that if I’m trying to zoom out using two fingers, the app for some unknown ultimately annoying reason ALWAYS zooms back in to the cars location on the map. Most annoying feature ever! If I’m zooming out it’s for a reason, to see the entire route. Please fix.
Best gps app
I have been using google maps since 2011. I never write reviews but this app has surpassed my expectations. I have tried waze, ios maps and they dont do it for me. I am a truck driver by trade and aside from truck route maps on a desktop, i always use google maps. Will google maps ever be perfect? No but we are talking about perfect cellphone service and non hesitant location tracking to have a perfect gps. Depending where you are and who your carrier is, your cell reception might be shakily and you might miss a turn, not the app’s fault. Once google introduced the option for additional stops with in your route, they locked in my loyalty to the app. The reason why i wrote this review today is a new option that i have long awaited. Since i drive for miles, i am always on the app. I also am always listening to music. Of course i have had many times where i missed that very important turn because i was skipping or searching for a new song. Not anymore, maps now has a very simple tab on the map that lets me skip my song with my maps still on the screen. Thats a game changer for me. Once again, google has made me a pleased customer. Great work.
- Google, Inc.
- 170.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.