Google Maps - Navigation & Transit
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.33.1
• Bug fixes
Overall great, weird with neighborhood wifi and other suggestions
I'm a huge fan of google maps. Love the integration of bike, walk and public transit! Here's what I wish the app for iPhone did/would do better:
-Quick button access to drive home or work. I used the Google travel times widget and think that is incredibly helpful, but I think it could also be integrated into the app itself. Alternatively, I don't actually need to know how long it will take me to get to work, I just like the shortcut to open the app and navigate me home. Would it save battery life (and data) to offer a widget that just serves as shortcuts without travel times?
-My neighborhood and city is covered by wifi. I like that my phone automatically connects securely to Xfinity wifi, but it leaves my Google maps confused and unable to provide a route. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the best solution I've found is to turn off wifi while searching for routes, then remember to turn wifi back on when I reach my destination.
-I'd like to be able to scroll through traffic at different times during a day on the app (like you can online). It is annoying when I search the distance/travel time to a place but realize the app is showing rush hour/real time that will not apply to when I want to start my drive on Saturday AM.
Must be a nice deal they have with toll companies
Update! Be sure to check other routes carefully. The app will now ignore faster routes to direct you down toll roads. Sometimes it won't even show the faster route until you select "avoid tolls!" That's ridiculous, just because I'm willing to take tolls, does not mean I want to spend $10 on a slower route.
I have also had the app redirect during the route (common) and just turn tolls right back on for no reason. This is super helpful when you don't know an area, lose perfect signal for half a second in downtown, then just follow the guidance out. By the time you're to the highway, the faster, non-toll route is now behind you bad would take much longer. I've paid closer attention and this is something that happens regularly. It doesn't happen every time the app tries to reroute for no reason, but just make sure to check your route after it does.
Because this app seems to get off on making you take tolls. The 'remember settings' button won't remember to avoid tolls. Worse, even if YOU remember, there's a chance the app will reroute through tolls without your consent.
Best bike and walk and transit friendly map app
Thank you Google for making it practical to way-find for whatever mode I want to use. Bravo!! Used your app yesterday to plan a bike ride with friends from California to bike to a county park about 10 miles from our home in Wisconsin. Tried Apple first and was absolutely stunned to find out that getting there by bike wasn't even an option in Apple maps. Really happy that Google maps adeptly led us along the Ozaukee Interurban Trail most of the way and made smooth connections for the on-road portions. Yay Google!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 12, 2017
- Version: 4.33.1
- Size: 123 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.