By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.36.1
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings the “Measure distance” feature that lets you measure distances between pins dropped on the map (hold a point on the map to drop a pin). In addition we bring bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
EDITED- No more traffic default?!? WHY???
Edit: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for bringing the default traffic layer back!!!! 5 stars again 🙌🏼 I love you. Seriously.
I've been a loyal Google Maps user for years. It's the best map for traffic out there, until recently. With whatever update, you guys removed the default to traffic option. We now have to toggle traffic on each time we open the app 😖 Since I'd think most people use your app FOR ACTUAL TRAFFIC when commuting or directions...this change is a huge misstep. It's one thing to take it away, then have an option to turn it on in settings...but that's not even there. Please change it back or give us an option. Thank you!
Traffic Layer Fixed
Update: The latest version now leaves the traffic layer on when you start the app. Thank you! Now...can you make the previous zoom level a default for the next start up?
Previous version: The traffic layer has to be selected everytime you open the app. Need to fix this back to how it was before. Keep user's last selections as the default when reopening the app. Addition of "as the crow flies" distance measurement is a long time coming.
App abruptly ends when nearing the destination
I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I've faced this issue several times. When I am almost near to any destination, the map abruptly stops saying that I reached the destination way before I reach the actual destination. Sometimes the destination won't be anywhere in sight. It is very annoying in a busy traffic. I hope that next update will fix this problem. But apart from that, it is really a great app. Google maps has always been my first choice. Because of this one issue, sometimes I had to find other navigation apps.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 16, 2017
- Version: 4.36.1
- Size: 127 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.