Google Maps - Real-time navigation, traffic, transit, and nearby places
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
What's New in Version 4.21.0
• Add multiple destinations to your route, get directions, and navigate
• Bug fixes
Keeps getting worse!
I was finally surprised to see a new feature like multi destination routing, but it doesn't work! Also I'm really getting tired of the things that keep appearing in the way of my map. For example the sound options are now overlaid. Please move this back into the "..." settings where it belongs. The annoying "route is clear" banner that keeps popping up, it's very distracting. If I want things popping up and covering my map then I would be using Waze but because I do not like that so I've always used Google maps but now this app just keeps getting worse. Another update later and now we have pop ups when I turn? Really? The arrow and street name on the top of the map and on the street lane is enough! I do not need a blue pop up flag pointing to the arrow where I need to turn! I'm sick of these things covering my map!!! I'm trying to drive and don't need all these distractions!
Battery Drain is a killer. Fonts too small on streets
I have an iPhone 6+. Using google maps, my battery can be drained in 3-4 hours. This happens both driving and walking, especially when walking in a downtown area with tall buildings. It would be nice if I could set the interval that the gps updates ( to preserve battery) especially when there is a long distance to the next turn. Approaching a turn when driving, it is nice to have constant updates and directions.
Steet names are very difficult for me to see because of the text size. When the text is obscured by the blue that marks the route, it is impossible to read street names. Older eyes need options for bold text and larger text
First of all I'm a big fan of Google Maps. I don't walk across the street without it. I use it everyday on my commute home in an effort to avoid the stupids that wants to simultaneously occupy the same space while texting and driving. I have to say I was exceedingly elated to see the update for multiple destinations; but had to Google Google Maps to figure it out because it's about as intuitive as landing a rocket on the moon. Admittedly it's simple after you read the directions but apps are suppose to be as intuitive as trying to gain access to the contents of a corked bottle of rye.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 25, 2016
- Version: 4.21.0
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.