Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but now adding videos? Also, favorites dropped inexplicably
Good. Of the limited choices for fast and accurate routing I thus far favor googlemaps over the native ios map app. Three frustrations though: video ads are coming, with no control; favorites disappear;
Oon the latest upgrade i see the new “feature” is “you can see videos posted by businesses about their latest offerings.” OMG now here comes the bandwidth-sucking auto-play videos, though I haven’t seen them yet after the last upgrade. No control to be found in Settings-> Google Map menu. Will the audio track cut into my podcast or music stream while I’m navigating or browsing the map? Let us search and navigate in peace!!! If videos autoplay or don’t have a default “still frame” mode with click-to-load by default, I'll look at moving my favorites someplace else. google maps alone already is among my top users of my data plan, and one of the few apps that i allow to use cell data BW because i have to allow it that.
Another puzzle: favorites seem to randomly disappear off the map. I often focus the map on a wide view to find my favorite by location, the star is missing from the map.
Lastly, as other reviewers note, I often need to choose a nav path by dragging the route line, allowed on desktop but not on ios even with larger ipad screens. Add this feature so i can determine my route!!
What’s up with the new landmarks?
Google maps has recently started telling me to “turn left after jack in the box” instead of giving me the actual relevant information of the street name I should be turning down. If I wanted directions from my aunt I would have asked her. Also the map always bugs out and can’t seem to figure out if I’ve stayed on the highway or if I’m magically driving on the road the highway crosses under. The gps takes a while to refigure out where I am and often gives incorrect directions while it’s figuring out which road I’m on, even though I’m clearly just following the directions and couldn’t possibly jump from the highway to the streets crossing above the overpass. This did not used to be a problem. Only in the newer versions. Maybe google should incorporate elevation so the gps app would know where I am is on the route that it’s giving me directions for and not suddenly some other road. Unfortunately, it’s still light years better than Apple maps so I always use it which only makes these problems more frustrating. Lastly, I hate that if I’m trying to zoom out using two fingers, the app for some unknown ultimately annoying reason ALWAYS zooms back in to the cars location on the map. Most annoying feature ever! If I’m zooming out it’s for a reason, to see the entire route. Please fix.
Fastest oil change and wash ever!
I would have given 5 stars but I had never had my car serviced yet since it’s new and I wasn’t sure where to go. I saw service so I drove up and nobody came out as I gathered my stuff so I went in the doors marked service to a large room with offices to my left and two men at open desks to my left. One was on the phone and one was just to busy with his papers to use his mouth to say anything like, how can I help you? After standing where I think I’m supposed to be for what felt like an uncomfortable eternity he finally looked up and said, “what can I do for you?”😒 As I walked over I new by the look on his face I was about to be talked down to and I was right. He cut me off at every chance. When he looked up my name on the computer I know he saw that I hadn’t had my suv serviced there yet and I thought I might hear something like, thank you for choosing us to service your car but no instead I got the let’s belittle her routine and then your excused to the waiting area with a head gesture to the direction i was supposed to go. What has I to customer service? I can not tell you how many places that do not teach their employees real customer service. O~well 😐 don’t be to have your cars oil changed here just don’t expect anything more.
- Google, Inc.
- 157.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.