Google Maps - Real-time navigation, traffic, transit, and nearby places
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
What's New in Version 4.19.0
• See images in 360 panoramic views in the photo gallery
• Quickly know if a place is busy or not with short summaries atop the usual "Popular times" graph
• New voice controls in navigation that allow users to mute, unmute, or turn on alerts only
• Bug fixes
Tired of being ____ed over by Google
I used to use google maps all the time, since it used to be great, but it's been nothing but frustrating lately. Today, for example, I put together an itinerary for a trip from Huntsville, AL, to Savannah, GA, WITHOUT going through Atlanta. I went through painstaking detail to ensure I would go down through Newnan and miss Atlanta all together. Sent it to my phone using googles nifty little feature and hit "go" on my phone. The SECOND I left the parking garage, it rerouted me through Atlanta, so I pulled over and tried getting my old route back but since I wasn't in the garage I could only "look" at it, couldn't use it for GPS. Okay... I try my best to get it to do my route but to no avail. All daylong I fought with it to take me on the route I selected but it absolutely INSISTED on taking me to Atlanta. I gave up once I hit the GA border on US 20 and switched to apple maps, it offered a non Atlanta route (which google STILL WASN'T DOING) and never once tried to reroute me, even when I stopped multiple times.
If I ****ing sent a route to my phone, Google, don't you think I want to use that route even if it's 20 minutes longer? (Oh the horror, 7:10 instead of 6:50) This isn't waze you shouldn't be rerouting me every seven seconds to the "fastest" route when I deliberately picked a specific route. I'm uninstalling Google maps, I'm tired of feeling abandoned by my GPS. I'd just buy a freaking paper map if they still made good ones.
Better maps you are hard pressed to find
Better maps you are hard pressed to find.
One significant improvement is needed though, IMHO. There must be hands free Audio directions which automatically override any other ongoing audio app such as music, podcast, itunesU, audio books etc.
Or at least offer us tips on what other audio Apps we should consider temporarily disabling ( not an ideal option, but on a long trip highly recommended if this ESSENTIAL Navigation Aid is to make life better safer and ultimately more fun!
Thanks For an endless array of Freedom, in a FREE rock solid, constantly improving mobile tool!
Google Rocks!!!! Five Stars when the audio issues are resolved.
This is a great app. REALLY good, basically the best I have used. Except one MAJOR flaw. Unlike pretty much every navigation app you can get Google Maps does not pause other audio when giving voice directions. As a commuter who almost exclusively listens to podcasts while driving this is a horrible thing to drop the ball on. Especially when you do a GOOGLE search for this issue and it has been ongoing and requested for a loooong time without any movement from Google. I love this app, but hate it at the same time. I realized that I must part ways with this app after yelling at it to shut up as it spoke over top of my podcast for the third time with an extremely long street name. Maybe someday it will get repaired and I will look at it again.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 24, 2016
- Version: 4.19.0
- Size: 53.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.