Google Maps - Navigation & Transit
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
What's New in Version 4.23.0
• Upload photos along with your reviews of places
• See descriptions of places including features, atmosphere, and amenities
• iOS 10 support, including redesigned widgets for “Nearby Transit” and “Travel Times”
• Bug fixes
Google actually listened!
First off, I rarely rarely and I mean rarely write reviews for any apps. A little while back Google maps got rid of their many little cute "synopsisee" two or three liners that they use to display on the Venue's listing, to give you a feel for what this establishment is all about. I used this description as a bible like reference guide to know what I was getting into or to help me decide if I want to explore this place. In NYC this is the handiest guide I've ever used.
Long story short there last one or two updates all of sudden got rid of this feature and I complained twice in the feed back to google to PLEASE, bring this back. Low and behold, this last update has that back up and running and though I'm sure I'm not the only one who make this complaint/suggestion, I'd like to think they did at least listen to some of us.
I have tried to give this a try many times but it has let me down every time. I have completely lost count of how many times this stupid app has had me in circles when looking for and address. It has left me stranded in the middle of no where just going around in circles going absolutely no where. I can't stress it enough how reliability is so important to me when I have to be somewhere and someone is waiting for me or I have an important appointment and then this gps fails me once again. I most definitely DO NOT recommend it to anyone or any of my friends. I will be deleting this app as soon as I'm done typing his review. Someone needs to fix this because a lot of other people will uninstall it just like I am. It's Google maps. You think being such a huge search engine company would have a top notch navigation system but NOT. Not waisting my time any longer with this app. Very disappointed and upset.
It was nice that you added lane guidance, but you shouldn't have taken out the "next turn" that showed in the top right under the big green bar. I can't tell you how often it says to turn left from either lane, but then in 0.1 miles I have to make a right and I am in the far left lane. There was a better lane to be in! Why can't you just tell me that!?!
And they also took away the feature that tells you what side of the road your destination is on. It used to have different symbols for destinations on the right and left, now it always looks like your destination is on the right. The only way to see is to get the full list directions or wait until you are about 200ft away and you can see it on the map. Why would you take this away!? This was so important to know!
And furthermore, the latest update no longer shows where the roads go. I get a blank map with street names, but no path of where they go. I may as well not have a map, it is so unhelpful. This app is completely worthless now.
Even Apple maps is better, which is saying a lot. I have permanently switched to Waze, which has kept all these extremely important features thought the updates. The developers have completely ruined what once was the best navagation app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 06, 2016
- Version: 4.23.0
- Size: 95.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.