Google app — Search made just for mobile
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best of Google in one app. Say “Ok Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info you need before you ask, like updates on your favorite teams and traffic alerts.
Talk instead of type:
• Say “Ok Google” then ask a question*
• Google will speak the answer aloud
Ask Google to help you do things:
• “What are good restaurants nearby?”
• “Where is my package?”
• “Remind me to call mom at 5 pm.”
Get Google Now cards and notifications:
• Start your morning with weather, news & traffic
• Get updates on sports, movies & events
More about the Google app: http://www.google.com/search/about
* requires iPhone 4s or later
What's New in Version 15.1
We’re excited to introduce some new features that will speed up your search and browsing experience in the Google app.
• Accelerated Mobile Pages (“AMP”) — news and articles from many of your favorite publishers will now load instantly. Look out for a lightning bolt and “AMP” next to articles in the “Top Stories” section of your search results and enjoy blazing fast webpage loading!
• Instantly watch sports highlight videos in Now cards— whenever you get a sports highlights Now card, just tap the play button and watch the video right there. No need to load a new webpage.
• Keyboard shortcuts for iPad users — If you have an external keyboard for your iPad, you can now use keyboard shortcuts to search faster and navigate the app more easily (hold the “Command” key to see the list of supported shortcuts).
• See the busiest hours for places and local businesses directly in the search results page. No need to tap and expand the local search result anymore.
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Love the app. The release notes are awesome
I really like how useful this app is - bringing the power of Google to my phone on a day to day basis. Besides the actual product working great, I want to give a shout out to the Google iOS release team for the human readable release notes. Please know that people like me actually read and care about what you write there. Please don't resort to the usual generic "our app is always getting better" note that most other big apps are resorting to. At least to some people, reading what's new in an app brings a certain joy and appreciation of all the hard work that goes behind making great apps.
Still Hiccups In Dictation
This is a terrific app which I recommend without reservation. But for the past several months, Google has unexplainably struggled with its dictation, with accuracy far below that of Apple's own service. On top of that, it will cut you off in the middle of your query, or remain listening long after you are done speaking. The workaround is simple enough: tap the query field once to bring up the keyboard and use Apple Dictation for your query.
Google used to have 100% spot-on dictation so this is frustrating, but it is still an must-have app that deserves to be on the front page of your mobile device.
Although there are some nice features, the native Siri, Spotlights and Maps in iOS are much more friendly, and you are not tracked like a wanted criminal. By default if you have Chrome or any other Google product signed in to a Google account you are being tracked, look at your browsing history on Google account page. It's bad enough they read your email electronically to force feed you ads "tailored just for you."
I am glad that Apple is removing Google services, I pay for a quality phone, privacy, and encryption to secure my device. Why would I want to use software that tracks and stores data on my search history, location only to sell it to the highest bidder?
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 27, 2016
- Version: 15.1
- Size: 73.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.