Google Photos - free photo and video storage
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• BRING PHOTOS TO LIFE: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Automatically get new albums with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste data texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
What's New in Version 2.11.0
• Improved Auto Enhance now includes white balance correction.
• Performance improvements.
Google Photos Beats Apple a Hundredfold
I have been an Apple fan since my first iPhone and very much still am in large part. People often criticise Apple for the fact that it is more costly than other technological alternatives. However, Apple does offer arguably the most secure technology available and this their cloud storage. I had almost 60,000 photos saved on iCloud and was paying $10 monthly to do so. Nevertheless, Google Photos turned my gaze away from Apple as soon as I learnt that it encompasses lifetime free photo storage. There is a drawback though. Google does limit the size of every picture and video that is stored via the free service, but a subscription to google drive renders Google Photos the same as Apple. Since I am an academic and always must have Microsoft Office, I naturally backup the full resolution photos to OneDrive.
If you are not concerned with having full resolution photos and 720HD videos, then Google Photos is free and awesome. A strong point that Google Photos had over Apple is that it provides a generally faster user experience and Live Photos are saved in a loop picture. I think actually that Google Photos does a much better job than Apple at storing Live Photos because the pictures are rendered as loop videos that have accounted for the sloppy movements that happen in the process of taking pictures.
I couldn't say more about how much I love Google Photos and that it is unlikely that I will ever use Apple for photo storage again.
The app is good, combined with the google cloud storage - it's amazing
The only way I want to deal with digital photos. The app is pretty intuitive, it allows you to back up all (unlimited) your photos and videos (HD quality or lower) to the google cloud storage. If you want to shoot 4K video then it will take space on Google Drive until you run out or buy more space.
Once the pictures are uploaded to the cloud you can erase them off your device to clear hard drive space. Use the app to browse your uploaded photos so you don't lose track of them. This was the game changer for me. I was toting around photos/videos from my iPhone 3G, constantly looking for bigger hard drives on the next gen of iPhones, mostly due to the fact that I wanted all my digital pictures at hand in my iPhone album. Now, I have the same convenience without the storage woes.
And to top it off you can sort photos into albums and you can upload digital pictures from your cameras into google photos with the companion program for your desktop/laptop. All your pictures ever in one easy to find place. Amazing.
Hello. I got this app because I own an iPod touch 6 and it runs out of room very quickly with the 5gig room it gives me. So my mom had suggested this app to me and I had never felt more relieved!!! It is very easy to use and you get used to it quickly... But after I finish syncing my photos into it, I usually delete the original photos one at a time because I sometimes might want to post it and it would be a hassle to have to get it back on my main photo album... So I deleted one or two and went back to Google Photos and what I saw shocked me, the photos I had just deleted had turned WHITE on Google Photos app. I wasn't able to get it to turn back but that was fine because those were photos that I really didn't need... SO YES I DO SUGGEST TO GET THIS APP!!! Oh and btw there is a button to instantly delete all photos in your actual photo album AND puts them in the recently deleted photo space AND keeps all photos in the Google app SAVE AND THANKFULLY NOT GONE. But I would rate it 4 and 1/2 if I could for the small issues.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 08, 2017
- Version: 2.11.0
- Size: 158 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.