Google Photos - free photo and video storage
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• BRING PHOTOS TO LIFE: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Automatically get new albums with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste data texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
What's New in Version 2.14.0
• View photos and videos on your TV using AirPlay
• Performance improvements
Google Photos is awesome but searching it's a nightmare
This app is the BEST OF THE BEST on backup options, the quality for unlimited backup for pictures and videos is just unbeatable, even iCloud can reach the simplicity and helpful, but the search option on Google Photos it's a nightmare, google it's obsessed to use the AI to manage or photos and it's ok for general purposes but not practical, each photo have two USELESS FIELDS Title and Description to allow us to add some kind of information on each photo, but that information can't be reach on searching option, for example if I upload a picture of my las bill on a restaurant and I add the information on the description like this: "my first date with Michelle" the photo keep that information on the picture, but if later I wish to search for the picture of that bill using the words "First Date" or "Michelle" the searching option is USELESS and we need to search visually for that picture, trying to remember the date or how it's look like on out memory and reading every single bill that we capture and of course we lose precious time. All the options on google photos are good and easy to learn, I just find that BUG that really could add a BIG HELP searching specific pictures where we add important notes or titles.
Hope google can fix that little bug and with that option, this app and service will be THE BEST OF ALL.
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PICS?!?!
When I first got this app, it was wonderful. I mean, I've only got 5 gigs on my phone, so I was constantly deleting images, until, i found google photos. I got to keep hundreds of photos for hardly any storage. It was glorious, and life was good.
And then, it wasn't. I was starting to run out of space again so I went on to the google photo app so all of my photos could be backed up and I could delete them off my photo app. I pressed the app, but instead of being welcomed with all my images and the home screen I had been seeing for months, it had my name and a huge button on the bottom that said "get started". I didn't know what to think of it, so i pressed it. I went through all of the steps and junk, and when I finally finished it and looked at all my photos, they were all gone. Pictures of my baby cousin who is all grown up now, pictures of the ocean at sunset that I actually took, pictures of my friends, my family, YEARS AND YEARS OF PHOTOS, GONE. It was horrible. I couldn't reverse what I did, so now I just have to live without them. It's going to be hard, but at least I've got something to blame, google photos.
So, now you know my little story, and I warn you, DO NOT GET THIS APP. I repeat, DO NOT GET THIS APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will regret it.
Love the backup service, and <3 Assistant!
As simply a photo backup service, Google Photos is the best. Its pricing is, obviously, the best of any cloud photo storage service. The service seamlessly backs up my photos from all of my devices and syncs them almost instantly! It slightly lowers the resolution of photos taken on my 20MP camera, but I'm okay with this because the service is amazing. (See below!) Also, the backup service is much simpler and works more seamlessly than iCloud.
Assistant: This is a big part of what really allows Google Photos to stand out. Assistant is amazing st creating fun compilations of my photos. The movies created by Assistant always look perfect and represent the photos perfectly. Assistant also creates panoramic photos from photos taken of the same view. These panoramic photos look stunning and seamless, almost as though I'd taken them as a panoramic originally.
Basically, I'm saying that you should get started with Google Photos immediately. :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 24, 2017
- Version: 2.14.0
- Size: 165 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.