Google Photos - free photo and video storage
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• BRING PHOTOS TO LIFE: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Automatically get new albums with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste data texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
What's New in Version 2.12.0
• New visual design for cards in the Assistant tab
• Performance improvements
Life made easy
So, I was skeptical about downloading yet another app to manage my photos already in my drive. Further, I wasn't sure how the transition was going to be and what that may entail. However, I knew I was sick of having to manually sync photos, making sure I didn't miss any, and having to keep my screen lit while google drive was backing up. Needless to say, downloading this app has made my backup seamless, worry free, and virtually uninvolved. Likewise, I am restored with a new found confidence in preserving my memories and I dare say no other program comes close to what google has here. The added collage and videos that google photos creates for you makes it all the better. Thanks google. Give me a job with your company and I will be even happier. All the same, keep up the good work. Thanks.
I love this app for so many reasons! Not only does it free up space on your phone and back up all your photos, but it is super organized and easy to use! I love that it has the face recognition so it's easier to find what photos you're looking for. Aside from that it also custom makes animations and cool edits to your photos for you and if you like them you can easily save them right to your phone. I have made a few videos with this app, which I hope in the future adds a couple more advanced features such as better music and being able to make a longer video clip! I highly recommended this app, I am so happy someone suggested it to me!
Good app but...
Took awhile to download photos and videos which is understandable. Facial recognition is wanting. Left a lot of photos providing no facial recognition at all. Same thing for places etc. The video and animation portion was good but proved nothing in the way of transitions or slowing down the intervals between photos. I have video and photos apps that do a better job. There are only three things good about this app and that is I can store all my photos and videos in one place and get them off my phone or iPad and still have access to them, I can create albums making a search for a person much easier and last but not least it offers unlimited storage and the app is free. Other than that I wouldn't have bothered with it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 23, 2017
- Version: 2.12.0
- Size: 159 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.