Google Photos - free photo and video storage
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• BRING PHOTOS TO LIFE: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Automatically get new albums with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste data texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
What's New in Version 2.12.0
• New visual design for cards in the Assistant tab
• Performance improvements
Life made easy
So, I was skeptical about downloading yet another app to manage my photos already in my drive. Further, I wasn't sure how the transition was going to be and what that may entail. However, I knew I was sick of having to manually sync photos, making sure I didn't miss any, and having to keep my screen lit while google drive was backing up. Needless to say, downloading this app has made my backup seamless, worry free, and virtually uninvolved. Likewise, I am restored with a new found confidence in preserving my memories and I dare say no other program comes close to what google has here. The added collage and videos that google photos creates for you makes it all the better. Thanks google. Give me a job with your company and I will be even happier. All the same, keep up the good work. Thanks.
Love it to pieces. Only wished it was a flat fee!!!
I can't say much beyond what people have raved about this app. It's absolutely great. It's instantaneous. It's easy. It's dependable... for the most part. I have lost edited Assistant Movies on several occasions. It creates really awesome movies capturing a day or week of events and even adds in playful music. You can edit them by changing the song, what vids and pics you want to include, and other fun details. But it also crashes by not saving movies when you try to select the segment of the video you want; e.g. It may choose 4 sec of the end of a video and you may prefer 12 sec from the beginning. It crashes all the time when you try to save your edits. The other thing is to honor your customers by allowing them to do a one-time purchase of an allotted storage size versus month to month charges.
I have been using Google photos for a few years now, and I have absolutely loved it! I hate to give it four stars. I have been using it to free up space on my phone, because my main problem is photos. The dreaded "Device Storage is low" alert has popped up more than ever. So, I used this app to relieve it. I backed up, deleted, and then deleted from the recently deleted folder, all my photos and videos, but I still got the message! I thought maybe an app was causing the trouble, so I looked at how much storage my apps were taking up. In second place, Google Photos, taking up 2 gigabyte and some megabytes! My iMessage was only a few megabytes ahead! Out of the 19 apps that I own TOTAL, including the pre-installed ones! I even have the unlimited storage plan, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 23, 2017
- Version: 2.12.0
- Size: 159 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.