Google Photos - free photo and video storage
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• BRING PHOTOS TO LIFE: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Automatically get new albums with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste data texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
What's New in Version 2.7.0
• New enhanced grid view makes your best photos more prominent
• Updated date scrubber makes it easier to scroll between years
• Find your scanned photos by searching for "PhotoScan", "scans", etc.
• Performance improvements
Got old printed photos in frames or albums? Easily scan and share them with the new PhotoScan app from Google Photos.
I am a mother of two young kids so the picture taking is never ending and iPhone storage only lasts so long so thinking this was just a basic picture/video storage app, I figured I'd give it a try. It is so much more. I chose the option to back up my pictures in a high resolution but more condensed than the original to ensure I could utilize the unlimited storage feature. It backed everything up (pictures and videos) within an hour - we are talking THOUSANDS of pictures and a good 100 videos. That was impressive to me.
Then the best thing happened. I started getting notifications for videos, collages, and "animations" the app had made of my pictures and videos. This is such a cool feature. The videos are basically a slideshow of both pictures and videos of a certain event. My favorite so far has been one of our most recent camping trip. The collages is 3-4 pictures from the same timeframe. The animations are basically gifs the app makes of pictures or videos from an event. You don't have to keep every item the app creates for you but you have the option to save, edit, and send directly from the app. How cool!
I am so impressed and so thankful that after seeing a quick commercial about Google Pictures, I immediately downloaded the app. Another great job, Google!
There are some things that this app does that are just astounding. Facial recognition through time enabling you to pick a person and follow them from her childhood into their adulthood? That's one incredible algorithm. The set and forget nature of the uploader means that you don't have to be constantly worried about whether you've backed up all of your pictures. Two little points however. One: I'd like to have a pause button just in case I want to take a picture or two that won't be propagated to the server and or pushed to other devices. And two, I would like to be able to delete pictures from my Google photos without that by definition causing them to be deleted from every device that has a copy. If I had taken a burst of 20 shots and picked the one that I liked and deleted the rest, it eliminates the rest of my family's ability to pick their favorite out of the burst later on my phone. That almost results in the need for a separate back up never connected to Google Photos. Which makes the whole thing rather redundant. So all in all a really amazing piece of software which, with just a few changes, would mean there was no competition at all for online photo storage. Google would simply have it wrapped up.
Says BACKUP COMPLETE but it's Not sometimes
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSSIBLY LOOSING PICS YOU THIBK ARE BACKED UP BUT NOT ACTUALLY.
AWESOME APP. Way better than iCloud. Free unlimited storage , if you choose a little lower resolution, but pics looks great. Better than not having unlimited Storage At all though. It DOES NOT delete photos off phone as it backups. You delete them if you wish manually, it's an optionIt backs up faster if app is open just a side note. Been using for a year now. Backed up entire photo library from computer. Thousands of photos and videos. Years worth. Took like a week but so worth the wait.
One issue I have since beginning off and on. It says BACKUP COMPLETE , I go back and see lots of the videos and photos are showings little sync circle which means they have NOT SYNCED. I turn back up of and on again and it says like 20 items left or 38. Sure enough they have not backed up. Im on a strong wifi too. Google could you look into this. THANK YOU GOOGLE😊 it's a great app other than that.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 12, 2017
- Version: 2.7.0
- Size: 155 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.