Google Photos - unlimited photo and video storage
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• BRING PHOTOS TO LIFE: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Automatically get new albums with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste data texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
What's New in Version 2.18.1
True As Advertised
I D/L this app for the sole purpose of minimizing my I-Phones overall speed & quality due to the *Apple Photos* app always being the #1, largest size of GB that becomes used & therefore drastically reduces my phones overall speed & function. However, since I have transferred of my photos through the Google photos application I have freed up nearly 1/2 of my current phone plans monthly data allowance/eligibility. I love this app for many reasons and other than allowing for an improved function, The app offers so many different and cool ideas which I've already took an advantage of :D... *On a side note, if you are downloading this app because your storage space is becoming too full you must delete all of your photos and videos through your Apple Photos Account, but I don't feel as if you're going to delete them forever! As that was my biggest fear, but it definitely is a must-have app.
Fantastic for a free product
Google Photos is just one of the best options for storing all your photos on the cloud. At least for me, since my university has an agreement with Google for which I have unlimited storage. So, once my photos are processed (I use other packages for editing) I store them there. Also, the editing of properties like the date makes really easy to have them all in chronological order, even for some old scanned photos, for which I adjust the date to the one when the original photo was taken.
I have read so many unfair reviews for Google Photos, perhaps they wanted to be something else. But for me it has become my definitive photo collection.
The app does a great job of uploading photos. A lot of other apps do that, too, but this app does a fantastic job if making the process of organising your photo collections very easy, even though it doesn't allow you to customize that organisation very much. It's super easy to use, though, which makes it far more likely that you'll use it on a regular basis.
The features that really set it apart are automatic collections, search, and easy photo editing (combined with the uploading and storage features, in a single app). Photo editing is so-so, but isn't hard, so that's a plus. The search is amazing: you can search for locations, people, or even events.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 22, 2017
- Version: 2.18.1
- Size: 168 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.