Google Photos - unlimited photo and video storage
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste your data by texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone, right from the app.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
What's New in Version 3.2.0
A great app!
This easy to manage app allows you to free up space from your camera roll, edit photos (simple edits), create albums, collages and little animations. I was VERY happy to find it when my iPhone 6s only had 16GB of internal space, I had no access to a computer where I was and my phone wouldn't allow me to take one more photo. You know how that went, before there were portable external hard drives & you weren't aware of Google's photo app; you'd consider which photos/videos to delete, delete apps, delete text threads you'd rather have kept. You'd have been Googling "how to move photo library photos," "how to free up space in iPhone 6s 16BG." I did anyway. Was stupid.
Is this a perfect app? No.
But at the very least, it gives you a place to store your photos when you see the dreaded "Out of Space" pop up, just when you see something you want to snap.
Do get an external hard drive for photos, and keep important photos and videos on discs. This is very basic "duh!" info to most people, but it wasn't to me, an older person (old, but smart. Oh, and gorgeous!) who doesn't spend too much time on devices, trying to dissect them practically.
Life's too short, I'm old, so 'nuff said.
Photo storage as it should be
I love this app for a couple reasons. 1) the Auto Awesome recommendations made my the assistant are brilliant. They take what is otherwise an ordinary picture and enhance it to be something much more special. They give life to pictures. No other service does this and for free. 2) the search capabilities. I have 10s of thousands of pictures and searching through them could be a nightmare until now. Google Photos categorizes your photos based on location and the subject of the photograph itself. It's accuracy in being able to detect the subject is rather uncanny. I can now search my pictures far easier than before. 3) I know I said only 2 reasons but this one is important too. Free! You can upload your pics for free! Enough said.
Some improvements I would like to see would be an option to delete the originals once they have been successfully backed up.
NB: I do not work for or am in anyway affiliated with google. Just a regular consumer of its products.
Google photos - quick review
The strongest part of this app are the image recognition features . The backup status is very confusing because the number of photos remaining fluctuates wildly while it's backing up. Also it's not clear where it looks for photos . Are photo directories that I backup using google drive backup and sync included in the search path ? Nobody seems to know . Also if you have iCloud photos , how do they interoperate ? Should i turn iCloud photos off if I'm using google photos ? If I do , Apple says they can copy the files locally once you disconnect ? How does that affect google photos ? Is google photos getting my iCloud photos from the cloud or just locally ? As far as the "assistant", the pano effect / suggestion is interesting but the vintage color correction effect looks pretty horrible on any image they suggest using it . The General interface is pretty good . I would say it better than photos on iOS . I think if they improve the file management aspect , I would rate it 4 or 5 stars . The color effects are a minor complaint.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Aug 09, 2017
- Version: 3.2.0
- Size: 167 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.