Google Photos - unlimited photo and video storage
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste your data by texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone, right from the app.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
• Performance improvements
• Sharing photos with friends just got easier. Check the new Sharing tab for smart, personalized suggestions that help you quickly share the right photos with the right people.
• Grant a trusted person—whether it’s a spouse, best friend, or family member—access to some, or all, of your photos. No more asking each other for photos.
• Set up rules to only share photos of specific people or time ranges.
Overall great but some flaws...
Who can complain about unlimited storage? The pictures are in great quality. It's fantastic and it's extremely easy to use. Google even automatically syncs photos. You even have the option to simply delete the original picture that takes space! Sometimes it automatically creates a collage or video of pictures which is simple to share. AWESOME!
Personally, Here's the flaw: when you upload/sync the photos, you do not have the option to upload an entire album together. When you upload anything, all of the pictures get scattered- forcing you to recreate new albums within the app. It gets more annoying as you add more pictures.
However, that's a minor flaw compared to the awesome benefits
A MUST HAVE
I have 3 kids and was always running out of storage space. They are never still so I use the shutter option a lot, just to get that one perfect picture. With Google fotos, I just do a back up daily at night, and I know I'll be good to go the next day. I love that it automatically deletes my pics from my camera, so o don't have to do that myself. LOVE the animations and the movie clips. A lifesaver while at Disney. Definitely recommend this app. I wish I could send pick/send several pictures at the same time from here to other apps (messages, whatsapp) instead of one at the time, BUT it's still a 5 starts to me.
Small bug that needs to be squashed
Google Photos is amazing, and has saved me on so many occasions.
The only problem~ the archive feature isn't working. Whenever I send photos to archive, it reappears as if I tapped on the "undo" button.
This feature isn't all that important to me, but I have a lot of photos of food (and memes...) cluttering up my view when I'm scrolling through my memories. Please fix this. Other than that, I would have given 5 stars.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 24, 2017
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 180 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.