By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste your data by texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone, right from the app.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• LIVE PHOTOS: You can store, view, and share photos with motion.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
What's New in Version 3.11.0
Excellent for photos, Videos are a STRUGGLE
I am upgrading my iPad and have a library of photos and videos on the iPad and synced with iCloud. Download the Google Photos app and give it permission to access your pictures and it takes over. Could not be easier. Be sure to manage your iCloud upload capabilities on your device first and decouple the device from iCloud. This is relevant, I believe, because it has taken a week to synch up ~300 videos from the iPad to Google Photos and in the meantime new pics (from all apple devises sharing the same Apple ID) get shared around to each other making the Google Photos install a bit less straightforward. This is the second Saturday I have been working on this and am now down to roughly 30 videos to get over to Google Photos. Almost done! Bugs I have encountered are minimal, but the count of pics/videos to transfer over is not a reliable number and the "upload in background" setting is not available to me so the app runs in the foreground. I had to upgrade storage size at Google -- for a fee -- because I wanted to keep original resolution and now I am curios about how Google Drive may be useful but don't know if Google Drive and Google Photos "play nice" with one another.
Google Photos Review
I absolutely Love everything about Google photos!!! The only down fall is the security in place, which is not a bad thing at all just inconvenient when some of us forget our own passwords it is almost impossible and a very lengthy process to recover and be identified as the gmail owner!!! Also I thought the lock out time from your gmail was 6 months of to activity or logins but I was only away for 2 months and when I went to sign back into my account that was still open and active on my device it says I was logged out and needed to sign back in??? Unfortunately I had to get a new number and cannot remember the passwords to my email or the recover email of either since they were each other’s recovery gmails!!! Confusing and frustrating but overall this is the best photo saving, storing, and grouping of cool ideas done by any single photo group!!! I would recommend Google Photos to anyone anywhere!!! Love it!!!
Great app, but Problems have arisen
I’ve used this app pretty much since the day it was released, and I recommended it to all my friends, but since an update in the past few months it’s starting to infuriate me. I’ve been a heavy Google+ user for a long time, and I post Car Polls every day using pictures from the web. Well, any picture that I upload to G+ now enters my Google Photos library. I DO NOT want that! To combat this issue, I made a folder for pictures from all my different devices. But that seems to have been a temporary solution. Because now when I try to move items to a folder, and this happens every time — it either takes 4+ hours (not exaggerating) 4 HOURS! Or it doesn’t work at all. So either fix the folder issue or please don’t integrate G+ photos with Google Photos. I don’t want web stock photos in my Google Photos. But I’ve been a loyal user for this app and it’s a very convenient and useful service. It beats paying for iCloud storage.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 14, 2017
- Version: 3.11.0
- Size: 207 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.