By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste your data by texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone, right from the app.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• LIVE PHOTOS: You can store, view, and share photos with motion.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
What's New in Version 3.9.0
• Support for Drag and Drop in iOS 11
• Performance improvements
Phenomenal app for cloud storage of your photos
All skepticism and conspiracy theories aside about having your personal data in the cloud... It’s incredible how accurate the facial recognition is not just in photos but your videos. It makes looking back through your photos for specific memories so easy and on that note makes it so easy to make photos books, which google offers, and share memories.
My wife uses Shutterfly to make photo books and this still makes it fairly easy to just find the photos we want, download them to our smartphone or computer, then upload to Shutterfly via the web browser or their app.
This app does so much more than just recognize faces and organize by date; google photos recognizes (types of) places and things which gives even more granular way of finding memories.
Changed my road trip for the better
I was having to delete photos I thought I could live without while on a road trip from AZ, UT, to NV and back because I kept getting the "storage full" message and my iPhone wouldn't let me take more pictures. Luckily a friend told me about the app and it saved my pictures without me having to sacrifice deleting photos I would have rather kept. So happy to have found this cloud based app. Once photos are uploaded to this app I could safely delete the photos from my phone (the app actually can take care of that process for you so you don't spend hours picking out which ones were already backed up and which ones aren't yet. 5 stars hands down.
I love the ability to have animations and lullaby videos for my baby. This app does everything I wish iCloud would - but doesn’t.
Highly recommend this app to upgrading storage space on iCloud.
You can simply transfer all of your photos to Google photos (wait for “Backup complete,” desync iCloud, and manually delete all photos from iCloud (and then also from “Recently deleted”).
Doing this saved me space from 3,000+ photos and movies on my phone — and saved my wife the space from 11,000 photos and movies!
Google photos is awesome.
You can also share animations, photos, etc, so this is a great platform for friends or spouses who love to share back and forth.
Going forward, Google photos will sync the new pictures you take, and you can simply delete them from the photo library on your phone. Boom. 10+ gig reclaimed.
(And thank you, Google!)
One Happy Customer
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 13, 2017
- Version: 3.9.0
- Size: 206 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.