Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
• FREE STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free for up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD and access them from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
We fixed a bug related to adding photos to an album.
Ratings and Reviews
Best photo/video vacuum ever
Google photos automatically backs up all your photos/videos to one Google account for free. On the iPhone/iPad, it's not completely automatic in that you have to occasionally open the app and tap assistant to see that the backup is started, but it's not a big deal to open it here and there. On my iMac, the plugin does it automatically. Pretty much unlimited storage (2 pentabytes or something like that?) It also makes deleting them from your phone a piece of cake. Automatically finds out which ones have been synced already so you don't have to worry about deleting something that hasn't been backed up (this is a awesome feature...hate that other services make you keep two copies, one in the cloud and one on your device...I want to free up space from my device, not have to buy more) Another feature I like is how it automatically does a lot of organizing for you. This isn't the best app for type A ppl who like to organize their photos in folders and sub folders. You can easily create albums, which is useful for grouping photos from an event, but if you're looking for a super organized folders within folders within folders, you won't get it with Google Photos. This app does a lot of the organization for you surprisingly well. It's easy to search by face, date, or random keywords like mountain. My cousin has been using it for 3 or 4 years and for me hooked last summer. Excellent app.
Stores my photos as long as they are not 4K
It’s a bit confusing but what they are storing for me is pretty adequate for my needs. It would be nice to know I was storing the original quality but I don’t need another monthly bill besides Google Drive. It’s awesome the way they rotate some of the photos for you or give you that option. I wish they would do more in terms of the facial recognition so that you can correctly date some of your photographs were the dates were stripped in the uploading process which for me was a bit of a hellish experience because it crashed while uploading. I got past all that and everything I own is in my Google library I just don’t have them sorted properly. I’m hoping this will be done automatically in the future using the facial recognition technology otherwise I have to spend years fixing my library.
Another suggestion would be if they would show you your duplicates which are close to exact duplicates so that you can delete them on your own. Sometimes it appears to be refusing duplicates but it’s hard to tell exactly what Google is doing behind the scenes occasionally I’ll see a duplicate missing other times I find odd photos in my trash. It would be nice to know exactly what’s happening with them folders. Those are all my suggestions and why I don’t have five stars I appreciate the free storage in the meantime hoping I won’t have to go with higher quality photos in the future.
Convenient, smooth, easy to figure out
I really started using The whole google “Cloud” or whatever it’s considered because I got my first droid based phone and had recently went from having 1 password for everything to letting a girl know it , then when we went separate ways to make long story short , I had to change my password on everything from something I’ve used since circa aol dialup days .. he’ll back when Netscape was a thing haha. Anyways off topic bad, so wanted to start saving shiiiiituffff on a server side free type deal so that when I got a different phone or pc or whatever I could just go get the program or app for it on the new device and then the new device would have whatever I been used to.. well now I use the google drive and I guess I was reviewing I thing google photos or something but it’s part of it and it’s rad as well and so I went a little all over the place but I am giving it a 4/5 because there hasn’t been anything on this planet aside from my beautiful girlfriend Tori Allen that has even been a 5/5 in my eyes and anyways yea use the google things cause hey, they got their paws in all kinds of aspects of ours daily lives haha.. helpful AF and Scary AF bc it’s so obvious they are cataloging humanity and are the ultimate Uber Corporate entity and although I know all this I can’t help but still use the crap for everything lol.. hey give my review a thumbs up or share or whatever it is on this app lol
- Google LLC
- 287.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB $1.99
- 200 GB $2.99
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year) $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.