Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
• FREE STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free for up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD and access them from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
We made the Albums tab load faster.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing! MUST HAVE
Easy to use, let’s you know when you can free up space and only all remove photos That are safely backed up onto the app. You can access it from online at Anytime, doesn’t just have to be through the app. Easy to search for photos weather by date, screen shot etc... options to search my face. It’s endless! It’ll automatically create animated photos , videos, colleges, adjust filters & much much more on select pix/vids. You can add people to view certain photos. Like I chose my sons face and added my husband to be able to view all and any photos of our son that get uploaded easy to share photos. Also it’ll recognize if you send specific people in photos to someone often; like my son to his grandma, when photos backup to the app of him it’ll suggest to share to my mom with one step notification pop-up button. This is a must have app. I recommend it to anyone who I’ve herd complain about photos taking up to much space on their phone, not enough memory, loosing their phone & lost all their photos. You never have to worry about it with this app. As long as you set it up properly to back up photos automatically ( can’t remember if you need to be connected to WiFi for it to automatically backup or not?!) also as long as your photos are all backed up for the day and you don’t need to worry about loosing any videos or photos again. Oh & can’t forget to mention unlimited high resolution storage. I could go on and on...
Still Love Google!
I am now an apple iPhone user and have been for a couple years now this Christmas. I am so thankful that I am still able to use apps such as Google Maps Google Photos Google Chrome and more!!! Free storage for my pics etc and still haven't come close to running out of space since I started backing up everything due to memory storage issues on all of my phones which was going to keep happening on every phone I got unless I started backing up my stuff so that I could free up space by deleting the backed up items from my device. It's also all free. I've still have never paid a dime and have never had to worry about saving large files or taking as many pics as I want of every angle. When I got this iPhone as a Christmas gift, until I figured everything out, I thought and was told I had to save or back things to the clouds from now on and the app store wouldn't even let you download Google/Android apps. I dont think I made it to the first back up before I started seeing notifications pop up stating that my iPhone couldn't be backed up and that l there is not enough room to back up so I needed to PURCHASE additional storage!! Love Google Photos for several reasons, but perhaps one of my favorites is the search function. If I'm looking for a pic of my sister and I, it will actually bring up pics of me and my sister!! Or red shirt or truck....
Stores my photos as long as they are not 4K
It’s a bit confusing but what they are storing for me is pretty adequate for my needs. It would be nice to know I was storing the original quality but I don’t need another monthly bill besides Google Drive. It’s awesome the way they rotate some of the photos for you or give you that option. I wish they would do more in terms of the facial recognition so that you can correctly date some of your photographs were the dates were stripped in the uploading process which for me was a bit of a hellish experience because it crashed while uploading. I got past all that and everything I own is in my Google library I just don’t have them sorted properly. I’m hoping this will be done automatically in the future using the facial recognition technology otherwise I have to spend years fixing my library.
Another suggestion would be if they would show you your duplicates which are close to exact duplicates so that you can delete them on your own. Sometimes it appears to be refusing duplicates but it’s hard to tell exactly what Google is doing behind the scenes occasionally I’ll see a duplicate missing other times I find odd photos in my trash. It would be nice to know exactly what’s happening with them folders. Those are all my suggestions and why I don’t have five stars I appreciate the free storage in the meantime hoping I won’t have to go with higher quality photos in the future.
- Google LLC
- 299.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB $1.99
- 200 GB $2.99
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year) $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.