Google Play Books - Books & Comics
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Google Play Books for iOS start reading today with millions of titles from Google Play on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Take your favorite books with you on the go and personalize your reading experience. Shop books in your browser on Google Play.
Great Reading Experience
- Change font, search within the book, information about book
- Manage your library (archive books after reading)
- Night-reading mode
- Read books offline
- VoiceOver support
Discover Millions of Titles on Google Play
- Over 4 million books in every imaginable category, from the New York Times® bestsellers to favorite classics, from Harry Potter to Game of Thrones
- Millions of free books available instantly – Romance, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Mystery & Thrillers, Biographies & Memoirs, Comics & Graphic Novels, Computers & Technology, Business, Travel, History, Arts, and more.
- Free preview pages
- Unlimited storage of books in the digital cloud
Syncs With Your Google Play books library
- Access all your books wirelessly from the digital cloud
- Automatic page position syncing across devices -- pick up reading where you left off.
What's New in Version 3.0
* Discover is a new way to browse book news, articles, videos and more. Read featured stories and get personalized recommendations. (U.S. only)
* Fixed various issues including missing book covers, and font resizing problem on iPads with iOS 10.
From Bad To Worse (Redux)❗️
Updated Review: The latest release has corrected the issues with font size and line spacing, but has also added several new bugs. It is now seemingly impossible to remove the highlighting from highlighted text, and the app has begun crashing or displaying blank pages on a regular basis. One would think that the developers would be able to create a functional app. Perhaps it's a matter of job security…
Original Review: This app has always had issues. It's extremely slow to download books, and the dictionary and translation functions have been seriously downgraded in the last few updates.
Unfortunately, the update to iOS 10.0.1 has introduced a new bug to Google Play Books on my iPad Mini 3—I can no longer adjust the font size and the line spacing within a page.
This could be a good app, if only Google's developers would give it the attention that it deserves.
I'm forced to use this app to read a book I purchased through Google Play. The experience has been horrible:
* Inability to turn page by touching one side of screen
* No rotation lock setting in the app
* Screen font sizing is not consistent
* It takes an inordinate amount of time to load a book or to skip to a particular chapter
Crashes after iOS 10 update
The app worked great for me before I updated to iOS 10. Now the app either doesn't open, or I can't change the page of the book I was reading. Very frustrating since I just bought a few books and can't read them.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 21, 2016
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 59.2 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.