Google Play Books
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Google Play Books for iOS start reading today with millions of titles from Google Play on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Take your favorite books with you on the go and personalize your reading experience. Shop books in your browser on Google Play.
Great Reading Experience
- Change font, search within the book, information about book
- Manage your library (archive books after reading)
- Night-reading mode
- Read books offline
- VoiceOver support
Discover Millions of Titles on Google Play
- Over 4 million books in every imaginable category, from the New York Times® bestsellers to favorite classics
- Millions of free books available instantly
- Free preview pages
- Unlimited storage of books in the digital cloud
- Worry-free archive
Syncs With Your Google Play books library
- Access all your books wirelessly from the digital cloud
- Automatic page position syncing across devices -- pick up reading where you left off.
What's New in Version 2.2
Fixed a highlights and notes syncing issue
Fixed an issue with long app startup time
Great Interface but Often Finicky
This app has a great interface and makes electronic material very easy to read. However, there are often problems when loading books and turning pages. Maybe this is because I have a few large books loaded - I don't know and this really shouldn't be an issue because of size. However, the app has recently crashed many times (I am using the latest version) and often does not load the book that I am reading. I will often just get a blank screen and have to restart the app. This is definitely a major problem when you are trying to read material on a time sensitive basis, or simply trying to enjoy a nice book. If these loading and crashing issues are addressed, this app would be great.
Works great, confused about 1star reviews!
Works great. Not sure why others are having so much difficulty. App opens quickly on my 5s, displays my library and I'm reading a book in minutes.
Page turn animation is neat and easy to use. No issues at all so far.
Very weak, compared to iBooks.
Functionality is poor IMO. Ex: Highlighting is a chore. You have to resize the page in order to do it! And there are no presets for page sizing- so each time I flip a page, I have to resize each one.
iBooks is an infinitely more fluid enjoyable app. And I'm not a fan boy either. Maybe this is better on a different platform, but I'll just say that if the book I wanted was available on iBooks, I'd delete this right now.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Feb 20, 2015
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 18.4 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.