Google Play Movies & TV syncs movies and TV shows from your Google Play account so you can watch them on an iOS device, on any HDTV using Chromecast, or on Apple TV using AirPlay. In-app purchase is not supported, so sign in to Google Play online.
Open Google Play Movies & TV, then search for movies and shows, and manage your wishlist and library. Download and watch from anywhere, even when not connected.
When you sign up for Google Play Family Library, you and up to 5 family members can share movies, TV shows, and more across devices.
Microphone - Needed to receive a sign in code from a nearby living room device when using the ‘Enable TV-viewing’ functionality.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Some Good but More Bad
I live in a rural location & Internet speed is quite slow the main thing I like about this app is I can download videos & play them through TVs without buffering.
There are a LOT of things I do not like about the app - the biggest annoyances are
1) you cannot buy movies through the app
2) the algorithm for "recommended by play" is either badly flawed or does not take into account my purchase history
3) it would really be nice if there was an "ignore list" so that videos that do not interest me would not keep being listed
4) there is not an age level block on the “recommended” list — needed if you want to hand an iPad to a young child
I have seen several people indicating they have playback problems. As I mentioned my Internet access is quite slow but I have had good luck downloading movies to my iPad & watching them on a TV that has a Chromecast plugged into HDMI. This also works well when my wife & I visit with our children while their children watch a movie from my iPad on the TV.
There are some bugs here and there
As a movie watcher i watch them a lot but when i do i buy the movie so i can watch it again but i logged into my account again and the movie that i loved was deleted from what i paid for but for some reason a week later it came back i don't know if it glitched out or u guys fixed but sometimes when i rent a movie it glitches back to play movie and restarts and then i have to re watch it but most of it is fine there r some bugs that i would love for you guys to fix so i rated it this way because of the bugs.
More GOOD content than Netflix, BUT...
Hey, GooglePlay, could you maybe NOT be a slow-assed, piece of crap?! I can’t watch a single thing because you keep buffering and losing connection every 2 to 6 minutes! And I KNOW it’s not the WiFi cuz every other app I use works just fine! It’s ONLY YOU that can’t seem to work properly! I’m paying money just to watch each movie and tv show (which isn’t the easiest thing to afford in this day and age), I’d at least like to be able to watch the whole thing without your stupid loading circle thing every 3 minutes! What is the point in having your app anywhere if it’s impossible to watch any content?! 🤬🤬🤬
- Google, Inc.
- 76.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.