Google Play Movies & TV syncs movies and TV shows from your Google Play account so you can watch them on an iOS device, on any HDTV using Chromecast, or on Apple TV using AirPlay. In-app purchase is not supported, so sign in to Google Play online.
Open Google Play Movies & TV, then search for movies and shows, and manage your wishlist and library. Download and watch from anywhere, even when not connected.
When you sign up for Google Play Family Library, you and up to 5 family members can share movies, TV shows, and more across devices.
Microphone - Needed to receive a sign in code from a nearby living room device when using the ‘Enable TV-viewing’ functionality.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t download the videos I’d purchased 😭
Everything was peaches until by mistake I deleted the movie I’d purchased. I tried to download it again and the second movie I’ve purchased from this app but I can’t download it. The main reason I got this app and made purchases was because of my 2 year old who loves “Finding Dory” so I bought the movie from Google Play. It worked sure fine when I bought back in middle of December. I’d recently purchased “The Lion King” and my son loves it. I tried to download it to his iPad and by mistake I deleted his “Finding Dory” movie so I thought it wasn’t going to be a big deal if I just download it again but IT IS NOT WORKING!!!! I have done everything... and when I mean everything, I did everything. Obviously got in touch with “Support” and the guy tried to help me as much as he could but didn’t solve the problem. I am upset that I can’t download the movies to my son’s iPad, we have to sit in traffic for near two hrs and that was my only way to keep him entertained but not anymore. Please GOOGLE have an update soon and fix this issue. Sincerely, a desperate mom! 🙏🏻
Some Good but More Bad
I live in a rural location & Internet speed is quite slow the main thing I like about this app is I can download videos & play them through TVs without buffering.
There are a LOT of things I do not like about the app - the biggest annoyances are
1) you cannot buy movies through the app
2) the algorithm for "recommended by play" is either badly flawed or does not take into account my purchase history
3) it would really be nice if there was an "ignore list" so that videos that do not interest me would not keep being listed
4) there is not an age level block on the “recommended” list — needed if you want to hand an iPad to a young child
I have seen several people indicating they have playback problems. As I mentioned my Internet access is quite slow but I have had good luck downloading movies to my iPad & watching them on a TV that has a Chromecast plugged into HDMI. This also works well when my wife & I visit with our children while their children watch a movie from my iPad on the TV.
There are some bugs here and there
As a movie watcher i watch them a lot but when i do i buy the movie so i can watch it again but i logged into my account again and the movie that i loved was deleted from what i paid for but for some reason a week later it came back i don't know if it glitched out or u guys fixed but sometimes when i rent a movie it glitches back to play movie and restarts and then i have to re watch it but most of it is fine there r some bugs that i would love for you guys to fix so i rated it this way because of the bugs.
- Google LLC
- 76.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.