Google Play Music
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Play Music makes it easy to discover, play and share the music you love, anywhere!
As a subscriber to Google Play Music, you can enjoy millions of songs, listen to custom radio with no limits, and discover more of the music you love
With both unlimited and the standard service, the Google Play Music app lets you listen to your music collection anywhere. All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing, storage space or offline playback. You can listen across any device and on the web, seamlessly.
* Listen to unlimited songs
* Create custom radio stations from any song, artist or album
* Enjoy radio without skip limits
* Get smart recommendations based on your tastes
* Enjoy handcrafted playlists from our music experts
Unlimited and standard features:
* Add up to 50,000 of your own songs from your personal music collection using your Mac, Windows or Linux computer
* Listen on all your devices and our web player
* Access your music anywhere without syncing, and save your favorites for offline playback
* Experience all your music without ads
What's New in Version 2.2.4143
- We've added YouTube videos to search so that it's easy to find the video for your favorite songs
- Improved animations for album transitions and smoother scrolling
Definition of all in one
With fast, simple downloading I can turn cellular data off for this app meaning I use zero data on a streaming service. So awesome. "Download mode" simply takes away the songs you haven't downloaded. On other streaming services I have used, the entire interface changes when you go to download mode and it is buggy and confusing. I can listen to radio or discover new music when I'm on wifi, not a problem at all. I listen to rap music so streaming services rarely have the music collection I desire. Now I can upload mixtapes and have them side by side to an artists albums instead of switching between music players. This service has the best of songza (actually smart playlists), iTunes (upload your own files), and pandora (great customizable radio stations) all in one app.
No artist circles
I loved the way the artist pages were listed and payed out as it made it much easier to quickly find the artist, song and album you wanted. This new layout means more scrolling due to the huge, unnecessary pictures and more reading due to the side by side layout. I know I'm going to have to just deal with it and move on, but due to the fact that the iOS layout was actually one of the main reasons I picked Google music, I'm really disappointed in these changes. If only another service allowed me to upload my own music, I would switch now, which I wouldn't have said before this update.
All I ask for is a way to have a condensed list for both the albums and the artists with no massive pictures. That would make it so much easier to navigate. I would be completely fine with it defaulting to the pictures. I'm just sad that this request will likely be completely ignored. EDIT: this is still an issue in the latest version
Doesn't work right anymore
I've been a subscriber since Google play offered the early sign up for their unlimited service. I love the service on everything but this app. It started about two weeks ago when I turned my phone on synced the Bluetooth up with my car and couldn't play any music. I shut the app down and restarted it again and it worked. Next time I went to use it later that day same thing happened and has continued to happen every single time since. I've cleared the cache and uninstalled it over and over again. I am extremely disappointed with the way it has worked. For $7.99 a month (early signup price) I expect the app to work as it should. Hopefully Google fixes this issue ASAP! If they do it will again be one of the best apps on any platform.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 23, 2015
- Version: 2.2.4143
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.