Google Play Music
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Play Music makes it easy to discover, play and share the music you love, anywhere!
As a subscriber to Google Play Music unlimited, you can enjoy millions of songs, listen to custom radio with no limits, and discover more of the music you love
With both unlimited and the standard service, the Google Play Music app lets you listen to your music collection anywhere. All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing, storage space or offline playback. You can listen across any device and on the web, seamlessly.
* Listen to unlimited songs
* Create custom radio stations from any song, artist or album
* Enjoy radio without skip limits
* Get smart recommendations based on your tastes
* Enjoy handcrafted playlists from our music experts
Unlimited and standard features:
* Add up to 50,000 of your own songs from your personal music collection using your Mac, Windows or Linux computer
* Listen on all your devices and our web player
* Access your music anywhere without syncing, and save your favorites for offline playback
* Experience all your music without ads
What's New in Version 2.1.391
We've heard you all loud and clear, and now Google Play Music has an official iPad app!
Both the iPhone and iPad apps also have new Material Design UI:
- Beautiful new artist and album pages with descriptions
- Immersive Now Playing experience
- Small visual improvements throughout
Finally, we've made a lot of improvements to streaming and automatic caching to make music playback faster and more reliable.
Update: We've fixed a few crashes and offline playback issues as well.
Really ruined the experience with the new design
I loved the way the artist pages were listed and payed out as it made it much easier to quickly find the artist, song and album you wanted. This new layout means more scrolling due to the huge, unnecessary pictures and more reading due to the side by side layout. I know I'm going to have to just deal with it and move on, but due to the fact that the iOS layout was actually one of the main reasons I picked Google music, I'm really disappointed in these changes. If only another service allowed me to upload my own music, I would switch now, which I wouldn't have said before this update.
All I ask for is a way to have a condensed list for both the albums and the artists with no massive pictures. That would make it so much easier to navigate. I would be completely fine with it defaulting to the pictures. I'm just sad that this request will likely be completely ignored. Still an issue for new update
Excellent free streaming service
Google play cloud streaming is free. They just opened it up to let you 'upload' as many as 50,000 MP3 files from your computer. Really, it just fingerprints the songs and then matches them to files already on their server. Then you can stream to your iPhone for free. Smart, dynamic playlists are great!! Only been using for a short time so I don't know all the features so far. Can be sketchy on the matching. I take off a star for that. I was paying subscriber of apple music match, but this beats that offering.
Some Things Right, A Lot of Things Wrong
There is good music selection, the ability to upload a ton of local files, and the recommendations are all great. However, the new interface looks awful. I don't know who decided the giant circles were a good idea. They look ridiculous. Playback is terrible. I can almost never get through a listening session without the songs stopping randomly. That's the most important thing and they can't get it right. They are so close to the perfect streaming app but every time they take a step forward they take two steps back.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 28, 2015
- Version: 2.1.391
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, En, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.