Google News organizes what’s happening in the world to help you learn more about the stories that matter to you.
With Google News, you’ll see:
Your briefing – It can be nearly impossible to keep up with every story you care about. With your briefing, easily stay in the know about what’s important and relevant to you. Your briefing updates throughout the day bringing you the top five stories you need to know, including local, national, and world content.
Full coverage – Understand the full context on any story with just a tap. Google News gives you everything online about a story and organizes it for you – highlighting different perspectives, a timeline of key events, FAQs, important people, and more.
Credible sources – Find quality content from a diverse set of credible publishers and discover sources you haven’t heard of before.
Stories, for you – Keep up with what’s happening on the topics you care about, whether that’s travel, politics, sports, tech, or fashion.
· Experience a more comfortable nighttime reading experience with the new dark theme
· Get live scores, the latest game highlights, and upcoming schedules for sports teams
· Quickly view up-to-date news with a new briefing widget in the Today View
· Improved support for the new iPad Pro
· More easily link and manage subscribed content
· Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Became just like every other news app
Google News and Weather was a good app. You could like or dislike topics to customize your feed. It was abandoned in favor of this app that instead allegedly lets you like or dislike sources. The problems are that topics are better than sources for this feature, and feed customization does not even work well in this app. If you dislike a source in one part of the feed it will turn up somewhere else or on the next day. If you dislike all the sources covering an uninteresting topic, a pitiful Twitter post will be left over, and Twitter cannot be blocked in this app. So the nature of this app is revealed as a front end for Twitter trends and related news articles. It is not up to Google standards.
Awesome app but articles closes while switching between apps
I like reading news in the Google news app because of its nice interface. But, When I open and while reading an article, if I switch between apps for a moment and come back, the article that I am reading automatically closes and the home page reloads. So I need to search for that article again and open it and read. THIS IS HAPPENING EACH AND EVERY SINGLE TIME and it's frustrating. I wish this gets fixed soon. Thank you.
The old google news app was way better
Seems like this app throws in too many ads that are disguised as news articles. Mostly about cars. And for some reason there is a daily “news” article about either Snoop Dogg or Dr. Dre. I’m on the search for a better news app.
- Google LLC
- 122.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 Google, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.