Google — Search made just for mobile
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best of Google in one app. Say “Ok Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info you need before you ask, like updates on your favorite teams and traffic alerts.
Talk instead of type:
• Say “Ok Google” then ask a question*
• Google will speak the answer aloud
Ask Google to help you do things:
• “What are good restaurants nearby?”
• “Where is my package?”
Personalize your feed and get notifications:
• Start your morning with weather, news & traffic
• Get updates on sports, movies & events
More about the Google app: http://www.google.com/search/about
* requires iPhone 4s or later
What's New in Version 23.0
• Easily filter local search results — When you search for places around you such as “museums” or “restaurants”, you will now see filters like “Top Rated” and “Open Now” to help you narrow down your search and find exactly what you want.
• Expanded support for Accelerated Mobile Pages (“AMP”) — More webpages will now load instantly. Just look out for a lightning bolt and “AMP” on search results and enjoy blazing fast webpage loading!
• Gboard in the Google app — With this update to the Google app, you can easily turn on Gboard, a new keyboard for your iPhone and iPad. Gboard lets you search and send information, GIFs, emoji, and more—right from your keyboard, in any app. Tap “Gboard” in your app settings to get started.
Wow bad update.
I've never left a review for the google app before, didn't feel it was required. With that being said I have to say the update is absolutely horrendous. First off I strongly dislike the search screen filled up with nonsense that I could care less about. I like simplicity, that's why I use the Google app on my iPhone and not safari. However the worst aspect of the update is: the recent history. Currently for reasons I refuse to acknowledge I have to keep my recent history cleared. Now is a nuisance to clear it. One more thing, the app is also beginning to crash quite often since the new update. Given the timing of this issue and it never occurring previously then I suspect it due to the update. Please give me back the former version or I'm deleting.
Not a fan of the update
The time saving suggestions aren't very visible making them completely useless, and I liked being able to delete my recent search history without looking at my entire search history. Also when I open google I don't want to see the news, however you did have an option to remove that feature so that's a plus. I'm just not really a fan of the new layout. With the tabs I liked the undo button in the corner that didn't disappear eventually. If I'm getting rid of tabs and accidentally get rid of one I wanted to keep but I've already deleted a different tab after I deleted the one I wanted to keep there is no getting that back. Can you please change things back to the way they were. But keep the new keyboard thin
Where have you been...
Excellent app. Last update I get up to the minute traffic conditions. Accurate weather report, sports update, and my favorite food ratings of local restaurants based on my current location.
The addition of the Gboard with built in mini search I didn't know I needed it until I started using it. One part is missing, I love to use my phone HV and Gboard does not include the paste icon like apples default keyboard. Add this for your the next update and it'll be my primary keyboard.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 16, 2017
- Version: 23.0
- Size: 180 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.