Google — Search made just for mobile
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best of Google in one app. Say “Ok Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info you need before you ask, like updates on your favorite teams and traffic alerts.
Talk instead of type:
• Say “Ok Google” then ask a question*
• Google will speak the answer aloud
Ask Google to help you do things:
• “What are good restaurants nearby?”
• “Where is my package?”
Personalize your feed and get notifications:
• Start your morning with weather, news & traffic
• Get updates on sports, movies & events
More about the Google app: http://www.google.com/search/about
* requires iPhone 4s or later
What's New in Version 23.0
• Easily filter local search results — When you search for places around you such as “museums” or “restaurants”, you will now see filters like “Top Rated” and “Open Now” to help you narrow down your search and find exactly what you want.
• Expanded support for Accelerated Mobile Pages (“AMP”) — More webpages will now load instantly. Just look out for a lightning bolt and “AMP” on search results and enjoy blazing fast webpage loading!
• Gboard in the Google app — With this update to the Google app, you can easily turn on Gboard, a new keyboard for your iPhone and iPad. Gboard lets you search and send information, GIFs, emoji, and more—right from your keyboard, in any app. Tap “Gboard” in your app settings to get started.
I'm typing this review with my custom background that displays the Chicago cubs using the Glide feature. I think it's great Google Offers the Gboard and the Google app separately because not everyone wants the search app but a better keyboard.
As far as the Google app itself, I like it. I do wish it carried more card recommendations. I usually read through all in a hour having more would make the app even more enjoyable. It's fast and reliable. Keep up the good updates
Must-Have App Despite Minor Dictation Issues
This app will cut you off in the middle of your dictated query, or remain listening long after you are done speaking. The workaround is simple enough: tap the query field once to bring up the keyboard and use Apple Dictation for your query.
Despite this minor issue, this is still an must-have app that deserves to be on the front page of your mobile device.
Good, but I don't always feel like I'm where I want to be on first cluck
The keyboard is great, the cards are great and of course Google search is great... But the previous and next page thing is sometimes wonky, because it opens new cards... They keyboard search thing opens cards, but when I want the full website; I feel like it doesn't switch over to the app on click, maybe I'm doing something wrong... Oh!! And I want more control over the card s
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 16, 2017
- Version: 23.0
- Size: 180 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.