Google app — Search made just for mobile
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best of Google in one app. Say “Ok Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info you need before you ask, like updates on your favorite teams and traffic alerts.
Talk instead of type:
• Say “Ok Google” then ask a question*
• Google will speak the answer aloud
Ask Google to help you do things:
• “What are good restaurants nearby?”
• “Where is my package?”
• “Remind me to call mom at 5 pm.”
Get Google Now cards and notifications:
• Start your morning with weather, news & traffic
• Get updates on sports, movies & events
More about the Google app: http://www.google.com/search/about
* requires iPhone 4s or later
What's New in Version 15.0
• Keyboard shortcuts for iPad users — If you have an external keyboard for your iPad, you can now use keyboard shortcuts to search faster and navigate the app more easily (hold the “Command” key to see the list of supported shortcuts).
• See the busiest hours for places and local businesses directly in the search results page. No need to tap and expand the local search result anymore.
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Wish I had NEVER updated this time. Supposedly specifically for Apple iOS 9. Now when I touch the screen, Google pops up with "Copy/Open" so I have to touch the screen AGAIN to OPEN the item. Shades of double clicking with a mouse! Plus the app crashes repeatedly and/or says the Internet is down when it is not. Also when attempting to complete a form onscreen, it frequently freezes causing me to start over OR go to my PC to fill out the form. This "update" is a complete failure!!!! How convenient that I cannot find a place on the Google site where I can tell THEM. Google, hurry up and fix your fix!!!!!
The above was two updates ago. STILL not good. At least two or three times a day Google tells me the Internet is unavailable and the search cannot be completed but NO other apps are having an issue. Terrible app right now plus they purposely make it almost impossible to contact them directly to tell them about it. Pretty arrogant.
It is now May. Latest update did not fix the issue where Google says the Internet not available but no other apps have this issue. Absolutely ridiculous.
I love this app. Use it so many times a day.
I use the app about ten plus times a day. Not just to search but because it recommends news stories to me, shows me my calendar and traffic updates, and tracks packages. Plus it recommends stuff to me based on where I am. I adore this app. My only wish is that it would allow me to surf the Web easier from the app instead of having to open things in safari. I tried Chrome but I don't like that it doesn't populate its home screen with the same features this app does. I guess my point is either make it easier to browse the Web in this app or add these features to the chrome app.
Still Hiccups In Dictation
This is a terrific app which I recommend without reservation. But for the past several months, Google has unexplainably struggled with its dictation, with accuracy far below that of Apple's own service. On top of that, it will cut you off in the middle of your query, or remain listening long after you are done speaking. The workaround is simple enough: tap the query field once to bring up the keyboard and use Apple Dictation for your query.
Google used to have 100% spot-on dictation so this is frustrating, but it is still an must-have app that deserves to be on the front page of your mobile device.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 17, 2016
- Version: 15.0
- Size: 73.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.