By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best of Google in one app. Say “Ok Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info you need before you ask, like updates on your favorite teams and traffic alerts.
Google Now automatically gives you the information you need throughout your day:
• Start the morning with weather, news & traffic
• Get updates on sports, movies & events
• Ask for a reminder to “buy milk at the store”
Talk to Google:
• Say “Ok Google” and ask questions out loud*
• Google speaks the answer back to you
Everything else you love about Google:
• Fast: get to search results quicker than ever
• Beautiful: get fluid, full screen image search
• Intuitive: Swipe between web pages & results
More about Google Now: www.google.com/now
* requires iPhone 4s or later
What's New in Version 3.2.1
In this small update, you will find:
• A Winter Olympics 2014 Google Now card with medals and the upcoming events
• A couple of minor improvements
In our previous, bigger update Google got faster and more immersive with:
• iOS 7 styling and true full screen browsing
• Fast, fluid image search for iPad
• Smarter integration with the Google Maps app
I am finding the new Google search very frustrating.
1. It appears that I cannot copy links from the search bar and add them to an email. If someone me to send them a link, I can copy the link, but it isn't hot. What am I doing wrong?? Or is that just the way the new app is?
2. On my iPad devices, it saves so many old searches, even searches that were several days ago. These only show when I am on anger page. What good is it that they are still open? I can find them on History if I want. Otherwise, they might be "running" which I don't want. Does anyone know how to turn that feature off?
3. I am struggling to find "driving directions" on the new google maps , which is what I mainly want. Yesterday it took me 10 minutes of fiddling until suddenly, directions cue is there. It should be an option on the first page, but isn't. Why?!?
4. Everyday I find myself frustrated with one or more of these new "features". If anyone can help, I would be grateful. otherwise, google, I am giving you a "2".
Tired of Volume Issue
your app needs to please let go of the audio so I can change my own volume without leaving the app. I have radio apps that can do this better than google; an app that is primarily for playing audio lets you adjust your main volume when not playing anything. you have had too long to get this right.
it would also help to not slow down launch, else I end up using safari instead!
Location Service Failure
this app wants to keep location service icon in the status bar the entire time it is installed. they added an built-in option to turn off the google now ability to check location in an update, which is welcome but misses the point. if you can't work google now on iOS without the phantom status bar icon, you can't have google now on iOS.
don't care if it is coarse or fine, GPS or not, stop it. my battery life results are my own and I don't care to spend hours testing your claims that it isn't affected by this app.
One of the most essential apps out there!
I love Google Now and how it can constantly draw from the information I have in my calendar, my emails, and other Google services - it knows what I'm wondering before I do, which is actually really useful.
My only wish is that it could draw from all of the information on my phone, not just my Google services, since I have Outlook email and calendar for work. It would be useful for that information to be incorporated as well. I'd prefer to keep them on separate servers (since my employer likes us to keep them separate) but still have Google automatically draw from it on my phone.
Great app overall though!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jan 28, 2014
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 28.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2014 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.