By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on spreadsheets from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Sheets app. With Google Sheets you can:
* Create new spreadsheets or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share spreadsheets and work together with others in the same spreadsheet at the same time
* Open, edit, and save Microsoft Excel files
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Format cells, enter/sort data, view charts, insert formulas, use find/replace, and more
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Protect your spreadsheets with a 4-digit passcode
What's New in Version 1.2016.32201
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
I love the idea of Sheets, and use the desktop version exclusively vs. M$. As an app however, Sheets is "ok." On an iPhone, the controls are too clumsy, and the screen simply to small to be very useful. When editing a cell, you can't even see the cell being edited because of the real estate the keyboard and options menu cover- so you just hope it's the right one. I hope somebody at Alphabet comes up with a better more creative solution that makes editing on the go a more convenient option.
Secondly- this app locks up excel files on a regular basis. One day you open up a file sent to you and it's great, the next it's fully blank and you have to email debug to get it corrected :/
Easy to use, even on IPad
Good Excel fill-in, and easier to share and use with multiple users editing at the same time. Easier than Excel on IPad and has most of the same simple functions available to allow uncomplicated analysis and editing. More complex Excel type features are not available or easily accessible on iPad, but generally you'll be on your normal "real" computer and using Excel to perform such functions anyway. Sheets is a fine gap bridge for times when on the go changes to data in a sheet are desired and necessary.
This app works fine, if you never need to open a new sheet from a link... I have had the app installed on my phone for 2 years and every time I get a link to a new sheet, it says "get the app to edit" so I click it, and it takes me to the App Store. Then, if I click open, it just opens the app, and the sheet I'm trying to edit is nowhere to be found. I can't put the url in the app, so I literally cannot open a new file unless it's been previously opened on my computer, and if I'm opening it on my computer, why would I even bother to use the app? Right. Fix this.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 24, 2016
- Version: 1.2016.32201
- Size: 224 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.