Explore world landmarks, discover natural wonders and step inside locations such as museums, arenas, restaurants and small businesses with Google Street View.
Also create photo spheres to add your own Street View experiences. Start with your phone’s camera or add a one–shot spherical camera (like the Ricoh Theta S) for easy 360º photography. Then, you can publish to Google Maps to share your photo spheres with the world.
• Browse — or be notified of — Google’s newest special collections
• Explore all of Street View (including contributions from others)
• Review your public profile of published photo spheres
• Manage your private photo spheres
• Immerse yourself in photo spheres with Cardboard mode
Creating and sharing photo spheres:
• Use your phone’s camera (no camera accessories required)
• Connect to a spherical camera to capture in one tap
• Share to Google Maps as immersive photo spheres
• Share privately as flat photos
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Support for iPhone X
- Improvements for rendering 360 panos
Ratings and Reviews
GSV Trusted Rates GSV
Having great fun. GSV is a great tool for everyone to use. When I upload a bunch of photos at one time, I sometimes get the error "No Wifi" when I am in my office and have great Wifi. So I am not sure what to say about that. However, having these photos now connect i.e. Camera spot 1 to 2 to 3 and so on and editing the direction that is shown as the thumbnail prior to uploading so you are giving the best view / direction of the 360 is fantastic. Then taking it a step further and editing the listing to match you GPS pin point location in Google Map and adding the parking location. Now this bring the service to the public to a whole new level. The new roll out of GSV and Google Maps is truly exciting. Data Fuels the Cannon, Technology Ignites It.
This might be hard to understand but please read.
If you take a 360 photo on your phone or camera and move it to this app. You can change the location (not the address, the actual exact place the pic was taken.). But when editing the photo and putting it in the correct place. You have to be able to see the pic at the bottom of the screen where you can edit the view or map... You can do that. Until you publish it. You can press select and try to change the place but at the bottom, the pic is just white so you can’t see the pic. This is a lot and I’m guessing nobody understood this. But google, please take this into consideration to fix.
Crap App for iPhone X
I am using Google Maps since its launch. I used to admire the street view of UK when I visited there. I use GSV in U.S even now from the maps when I go to a new destination. I was too eager and installed it as soon as I saw it in App Store. But the app is unresponsive and keeps crashing.
It worked only once and I saw a view of some Astronomical Lab that was on home page by default. However the app went unresponsive and kept crashing just after that. I can't imagine the app could be so crappy on iPhone X running 11.2.1 (latest).
I'm highly disappointed with Google Street View. Please fix the bugs and release a better version. I'm not uninstalling it hoping there will be an update. I will come back and edit this review if the app starts working again.
- Google LLC
- 107.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.