Google Street View
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore world landmarks, discover natural wonders and step inside locations such as museums, arenas, restaurants and small businesses with Google Street View.
Also create photo spheres to add your own Street View experiences. Start with your phone’s camera or add a one–shot spherical camera (like the Ricoh Theta S) for easy 360º photography. Then, you can publish to Google Maps to share your photo spheres with the world.
• Browse — or be notified of — Google’s newest special collections
• Explore all of Street View (including contributions from others)
• Review your public profile of published photo spheres
• Manage your private photo spheres
• Immerse yourself in photo spheres with Cardboard mode
Creating and sharing photo spheres:
• Use your phone’s camera (no camera accessories required)
• Connect to a spherical camera to capture in one tap
• Share to Google Maps as immersive photo spheres
• Share privately as flat photos
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.9.0
• Viewcount graph in the Stats panel
• Many UI improvements and bug fixes
When this app first came out it was amazing, just like the actual website version. I could look at any location I wanted to that was mapped out by the Google street team. Now, over the past few months I found content missing. I was once able to use the app to look at my old childhood homes, and now I can't view them. According to the app, there are only a handful (less than 50) places I can look at in Street view. I live in the state of Ohio and there is literally only 2 spots I can look at. Why did this change? I would understand if there was a subscription for all access or something, but there is none. This makes no sense. Why would you take a great product and then get rid of 90% of everything? Please bring all the content back.
Worse than garbage
Google Street View (the real thing) gives you a "drivable" path that shows you, yard by yard, what "being there" would look like.
THIS ISN'T THAT.
This app offers you a very sparse selection of specific views of places that may or may not be somewhere in the general vicinity of (i.e., miles away from)...what you actually wanted to look at.
Something like a Street View version of the Monty Python's famous SPAM skit. Unless you actually wanted SPAM, SPAM and EGGS, what you seek, isn't available here.
This app now holds my personal record for the most QUICKLY uninstalled app.
It's just about as unfulfilling as asking directions from a hobo who's off his meds. You get lots of stuff you DID NOT ask for, and none of what you DID.
I'm having trouble even BELIEVING that this is Google software. Mind boggling for all the wrong reasons.
Love this app
Works great, no issues. Gives me great ideas on where my next vacation should be.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 20, 2017
- Version: 2.9.0
- Size: 95.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.